Pics of My Lacefront

Ediese

Pics of My Lacefront (added pics of hair curled)

PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE PICS SHOWING MY FACE

I've already shared pics of my lacefront, but wanted to share these new ones. I stopped wearing my lacefront last year because I just got tired of applying the adhesives. I'm too lazy for all of that. I ran across the thread where some of our members had the brilliant idea to sew wig clips or use bobby pins as an alternative to adhesives. I sewed the wig clips only to the front of my hair. The back isn't secure. lol Also, I sewed a strip of nude knee high to where the part is so that it makes it look more realistic, and I don't have to wear a stocking/knee high under the wig.

Since I decided to not use heat AT ALL this year and I can't afford my sew-ins at the moment, I'll be wearing my LF as my primary protective style. I'm planning on braiding my hair once a week and wigging it to work. I'll alternate that with wearing buns since my SO loves them so much. By wearing my lacefront, I can take it off whenever I get home. I have the option of wearing it straight/loose curls, or just taking it off and wearing my natural hair. This makes styling versatile for me.

Here are the pics. I'll be going to Super Cuts to have some long layers cut into it. I'll post more pics when I get that done, and curl it.

Please note that I do have a big forehead, and my hairline is that far back. lol

Lacefront Specs: It's a stock wig
Chinese Vendor - Holly
Light Yaki 1b 18" - had to cut it this morning was down to MBL -- too long
Medium
French lace - light brown
Wig including shipping for me was $200. This is her website www.wigsandclosures.com. You have to email her to get her stock list with prices. [email protected]

These are my measurements:
Circumference: 21.5-22"
Front to Nape: 13.5"
Ear to Ear (across the hairline) : 12"
Ear to Ear (across the top of head) 13"
Temple to Temple: 15"
Nape of Neck: 5"

Pics of it curled - I curled it on a styrofoam head that I bought at Sallys for $3.

When curls dropped later that night

ETA: Yes, I am the queen of fake hair. lmao

My natural hair. Failed attempt at shingling.

Last edited:
Looks fantastic!

How many wig clips did you sew on in the front? Also how do you prevent tearing the lace when you sew the clips and stocking on the wig?

Thats looks good, you make me wanna gopull my LF out the closet.
I am lazy too, I dont like applying that stuff every week.

Looks fantastic!

How many wig clips did you sew on in the front? Also how do you prevent tearing the lace when you sew the clips and stocking on the wig?

Thanks! I sewed four in the front. It's two along the part, and one each next to my ear. I'll sew two in the back when I get home. It just seemed secure enough without me doing that. lol French lace isn't as fragile as swiss lace, so it was pretty easy to sew through the grids without it tearing.

All i can say is wow!!!!!! I have seen some lace wigs on this forum and IRL

that looked like wigs but your is fabulous and so natural looking!!!!! I have

a question for you, when you did use the adhesives how long did they last

between applications and was it waterproof for like a dip in the pool?

All i can say is wow!!!!!! I have seen some lace wigs on this forum and IRL

that looked like wigs but your is fabulous and so natural looking!!!!! I have

a question for you, when you did use the adhesives how long did they last

between applications and was it waterproof for like a dip in the pool?

Thank you! For me, it only lasted about 2-3 days before I had to touch it up with more glue. It probably had to do with the fact that I didn't tie a scarf on to set the glue. I know some people that have been able to wear it for at least 7 days before the adhesive starts wearing off. I'm not sure about the waterproof part though. Maybe some will chime in or you could check out the lf section on blackhairmedia. They would definitely have the answer.

It looks really nice! I don't fully understand it staying in place w/clips. If possible, can you post pics of the clips sewn onto the wig?
TIA

looks really real, even in the pony tail - i love it. not to change the subject BUT when are you posting that last mini-chop pic in ur siggy? - im waiting.............

That looks great on you! It makes me want to go and buy a lace wig. I never had one and I never knew you had to use adhesive to put on your head. That looks great!

That is really pretty! And you sewed in combs? :scratchch

I'd like to try that..I'm the bobby pin queen...

looks really real, even in the pony tail - i love it. not to change the subject BUT when are you posting that last mini-chop pic in ur siggy? - im waiting.............

:lachen: I haven't gone to get it cleaned up yet. I'll post some teaser shots on the 1st page.

It looks really nice! I don't fully understand it staying in place w/clips. If possible, can you post pics of the clips sewn onto the wig?
TIA

Thank you! You can check these videos to get a better idea of how it's applied. They show how it's secured with the clips. You can purchase the clips from Sallys or any Beauty Supply Store.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdNqSaPEh6k&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SLy2o7sxtc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SLy2o7sxtc

Pic of how the clips look sewed to the wig. (from member SelfStyled) Amazing!

http://public.fotki.com/SelfStyled/2007/2008/lacefront/lfcostruction001.html

Back