Pics of my girls hair!

TJD3

Hey everybody,

I had read the thread about being vain about a childs hair, and I feel taking care of our childrens hair is very important. I have two litle girls, ages 2, and 6. My 6 year old being that she is my oldest ( and you tend to make mistakes with the oldest), I felt as if I couldnt handle her hair, since it was sooo thick. I used to hot comb it all the time, and it had become so damaged, so we big chopped about 6 months ago. It was about 1 1/2 inches long. We kept it in braid s for awhile and now it is 6 inches, and more in other places! The babies never had a problem, and hopefully since mommas trying to learn more and more, she never will. They both have different textures. My youngest, her hair has super curls ( which loves to collect lint!!), and my oldest has little tight coils all over. I dont know what hair types they are, but either way, both heads are a handful, lol! Does anyone know how to combat lint at the ends of their hair? So ladies check out the pics, and tell me what you think!

tjd3
http://public.fotki.com/TJD/daughters_hair_pics/

psswrd: babybaby3

Your girls have nice hair. keep up the good work. I think it is the grease that attracts the lint to the hair. That is one the reason I stopped using it on baby girl's hair. Thanks for opening my eyes on the hot combing I thought I would do this on my daughter's hair when she turned seven but it is best to keep her natural. I cant put her the torture that I went through as a child.

Nice twist and puffs keep up the good work on there hair I do my daughter hair also.

Too cute, I second the petroleum as being the cause of the lint. Their are some wonderful natural product lines...Carol's Daughter, Honeychild, and Oyin that have some great non-petroleum based products. You can also use shea butter, avocado butter, or coconut oil to style their hair.

Back