Pic's of Half Up Half Down Hair with Tiara.....

lonei

Has anyone got any/seen any online pic's that they can direct me to? I'm talking about 'wedding/Bridal hair'? Or any other Bridal hair styles with medium tiaras with a description of how they are done? Thanks

Has anyone got any/seen any online pic's that they can direct me to? I'm talking about 'wedding/Bridal hair'? Or any other Bridal hair styles with medium tiaras with a description of how they are done? Thanks

Hey Lonei, are you referring to tiara braids or the crown. It is so funny you ask this question because I'm wearing my hair in tiara/heidi braids. (2 braids pinned over the crown of your head). I love this protective style and I usually put a hair accessory on the side of my braids. I have been receiving so many compliments. But I was just thinking today about wearing half up and half down. (Top part in tiara braids over the crown of my head, and putting individiual braids in the back part). I didn't know that the way I'm wearing my hair these days is called heidi/tiara braids. Please explain if it is the tiara crown you're referring to or tiara braids. The heidi/tiara braid is so elegant and you can dress them up or down. I have seen some pictures with the heidi braids and flower garlands wrapped around the head which looks so romantic and perfect for a wedding.

In my senior prom pictures I had my hair up with a ponytail kind of to the back and I wore a tiara. I know that's not half up half down but the front would be similar. I'll see if I can find a picture when I get home.

I have some pics of a similar style, but no description of how it was done. She has more a sweep than the pulled up look though. I took these pics to a stylist and she recreated the style minus the tiara/floral bit and mine was pulled up away from the face in the front.

Hey Lonei, are you referring to tiara braids or the crown. It is so funny you ask this question because I'm wearing my hair in tiara/heidi braids. (2 braids pinned over the crown of your head). I love this protective style and I usually put a hair accessory on the side of my braids. I have been receiving so many compliments. But I was just thinking today about wearing half up and half down. (Top part in tiara braids over the crown of my head, and putting individiual braids in the back part). I didn't know that the way I'm wearing my hair these days is called heidi/tiara braids. Please explain if it is the tiara crown you're referring to or tiara braids. The heidi/tiara braid is so elegant and you can dress them up or down. I have seen some pictures with the heidi braids and flower garlands wrapped around the head which looks so romantic and perfect for a wedding.

I am referring to the crown (not sure what the other one is), thanks a bunch! Pics please!

I have some pics of a similar style, but no description of how it was done. She has more a sweep than the pulled up look though. I took these pics to a stylist and she recreated the style minus the tiara/floral bit and mine was pulled up away from the face in the front.

Thank you so much, and u look kris in your siggy pics! Anymore ladies...

Sorry, I don't but I just had to butt in and say I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!

I wore my hair 1/2 up and down for my wedding...not sure if you'll like the style but I'll see if I can post a pic...

ETA: Here's the pic...(ignore the Kool-Aid smile, it was a good day :yep:) But bascially my hair was straight in the back and the front had loose ringlets coming out of the tiara. Very simple, I know, but I loved it.:yep:

Attachments

• scan0001_edited.jpg
    scan0001_edited.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
I wore my hair that way also. I was hesitant to post because my hair eneded up looking extra crazy. I am natural and I got married on one of the most humid days of last year. So it is safe to say I had 3 wedding hair styles. The before wedding style (the one I wanted), the during wedding style (the one I anticipated after a little shrinkage) and the reception style (scarier than I could have imagined.)

n53301177_30075274_4385.jpg

IMG_7316-vi.jpg

47b7dd23b3127cce81abd62febbf0000001.jpg

It was reverting before the wedding started. Oh well big hair is my look anyway.

Last edited:
I wore my hair that way also. I was hesitant to post because my hair eneded up looking extra crazy. I am natural and I got married on one of the most humid days of last year. So it is safe to say I had 3 wedding hair styles. The before wedding style (the one I wanted), the during wedding style (the one I anticipated after a little shrinkage) and the reception style (scarier than I could have imagined.)

IMG_7316-vi.jpg

It was reverting before the wedding started. Oh well big hair is my look anyway.

Turnergirl your hair looked gorgeous! That's how I want my hair for my wedding. Pinned up at the top and the back down.

Turnergirl your hair looked gorgeous! That's how I want my hair for my wedding. Pinned up at the top and the back down.

Thank you. Just be prepared for the shrinkage. LOL I loved it and once I got beyond the impending evolution of the style, I was great. Sometimes, I forget my hair is natural and I expect it to act like relaxed hair. The style did get shorter and shorter all night. I just pinned the sides up as the night continued and the line of people who wanted to "dance with the bride" got longer.

Turnergirl, you were a beautiful bride :)

IMG_7316-vi.jpg

Oh that's pretty Sistaslick ( I know the pic isn't you, but the hair is pretty.) Love the side view

IMG_7316-vi.jpg

your hair looks fab to me! Very pretty! You were a lovely bride:yep:

Girl, what are you talking about?!?! You have some pretty, thick hair. I didn't see any reversion, just super thick tendrils!

It's folks like you that tempt me to go natural for reals!:grin:

I also wore my hair half up for my wedding. My hairdresser just pinned up the top and pinned in the tiara....

47b5db33b3127cce91fa6f50a6cb00000046108AbOWLNy5ctX
47b5db33b3127cce91fa6f4f27e400000046108AbOWLNy5ctX

I wore my hair 1/2 up and down for my wedding...not sure if you'll like the style but I'll see if I can post a pic...

ETA: Here's the pic...(ignore the Kool-Aid smile, it was a good day :yep:) But bascially my hair was straight in the back and the front had loose ringlets coming out of the tiara. Very simple, I know, but I loved it.:yep:

Thanks, its beautiful!

IMG_7316-vi.jpg

Lol! I cant see the pics, they are little red squares. Can anyone help me?

I also wore my hair half up for my wedding. My hairdresser just pinned up the top and pinned in the tiara....

47b5db33b3127cce91fa6f50a6cb00000046108AbOWLNy5ctX
47b5db33b3127cce91fa6f4f27e400000046108AbOWLNy5ctX

Thats looks beautiful! I wanna do it myself but I'm having trouble with the Tiara, like positioning it correctly. Can it ever be right at the front of the head or should there always be some hair in front of it?

Back