Pics of French twist/French roll/ up dos

VanillaDream80

Hey everybody,
I'm searching for pics of a french twist hairstyle. Does anyone know of a good site with hair styles? I've been wearing a drawsting ponytail for the past week and it's beginning to look a bit played out. Would like to get my hair done tomorrow. Thanks!

Thanks Katrine for the links. In addition to the hair styles, I've been looking for fancy accessories for a long time.

As for french braids and twists, I purchased a book called Hair: A Book of Braiding and Styles (an excellent book) by Anne Akers Johnson.

You can see a lot of ways to use hairsticks at longlocks.

I mostly use them in a ordinary bun but there is no best way to use them. Just make sure that you 'weave' them in your hair to make them stay put. You shouldn't feel any hair pulling.

The sticks have to be totally smooth otherwise they can hurt your hair.

-Katrine

Thanks Katrine! I like Zeesticks' prices a bit better. I've been looking for these types of sites for the longest...Sigh...I'm in heaven.

Hey,
What do you guys think about this style?
Very Cute Hairstyle

I wonder how long this would last, or if it's 'sleepable' -- I don't want to sleep in uncomfortable positions or develop a neck injury just to save a hairstlye. /images/graemlins/grin.gif This isn't exactly what I want -- I don't want my hair exposed to the elements like the curls are -- but it's the closet picture I've found to what I want.

Personally, I love the hairstyle. I think that style would be hard to keep after a good night sleep. But since you don't want the curls, you could wrap it with a scarf and be o.k. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
VanillaDream80 said:
Hey,
What do you guys think about this style?
Very Cute Hairstyle

I wonder how long this would last, or if it's 'sleepable' -- I don't want to sleep in uncomfortable positions or develop a neck injury just to save a hairstlye. /images/graemlins/grin.gif This isn't exactly what I want -- I don't want my hair exposed to the elements like the curls are -- but it's the closet picture I've found to what I want.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it's a cute hair style. It looks like it would last AND be sleepable (as long as you tie it up with a satin/silk scarf). It looks like the curls are on the top of the head, and since I don't sleep on top of my head, I bet it would look just fine in the morning. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ok, so I went to Cost Cutters ('salon' inside SuperWalmart) and asked the stylist how much it would cost and how long would it take....So the stylist tells me $35 and atleast 1 hr - 1.5 hours to do. Is this reasonable? I mean, I really don't think it should take an hour to do, the style doesn't look that complex and I won't need a wash/blowdry, I just want the hairstyle.

Back