Pics - I finally can make a bun with my own hair!!!!

divinefavor

Well, I guess you can say it's a knot and not a bun! :lol: I really haven't mastered the bun thing yet.

The first pic: I used a ponytail holder soaked in black castor oil. Once in a ponytail I separated into 3 sections. Then wrapped each section around (in opposite directions), securing each section with one bobby pin.

The 2nd pic: With this one I also used a ponytail holder soaked in black castor oil. Once in a ponytail I separated into 3 sections. Then I two strand twist each section. Then wrapped each section around (in opposite directions), then secured each section with one bobby pin.

Voila!!!! Now I don't have to wear my phony scrunchie if I don't want to. I can just use this as one of my protective styles.

I will be 8 weeks post relaxer tomorrow.

Note: I have now added a password to my album, please see the password in my siggy.

Attachments

• My Bun 8-25-06.JPG
    My Bun 8-25-06.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 206
  • 2006-08-27 003.JPG
    2006-08-27 003.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
That is really cute and I would think it cause less stress on the ends than doing a donut bun with your own hair. I'll have to try it. Thanks for sharing!!!!!

Congrats on bun making 101:grin: They look great and can take you to work or church. Don't forget a variety of earrings to make your buns "pop":lachen:

Congrats divinefavor!! I will definately try these techniques with my 'good hair days' pins! Thanks for sharing:yep: :notworthy

Catina72 said:
Congrats divinefavor!! I will definately try these techniques with my 'good hair days' pins! Thanks for sharing:yep: :notworthy

Catina....I still have to look for these pins.

Divine....Very nice! Big contrats on working that bun!
Kimberly....You are too much! :lachen: :lachen:

NICE BUNS!:lachen: Sorry, couldn't help it! I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do that! I'm hair retarded like the other poster too!:lachen:

determined_to_grow said:
Very cute... I love how in the second pic you have your computer open on LHCF!!!

Girl, I never even noticed that!!! :lachen: That tells you what I do most when I'm on the computer. :lol:

Back