***PICS*** 2 strand twists done w/wax

jetbeauty09

So I had to wait til this morning since the ATL got snowed out (NOT!)

So here are the pics that I was referring to yesterday.

PICS OF THE SAME STYLE DONE B4 WAX
(let's also go ahead and make this about the length I've retained too...:grin:)
JULY 09
julyvids064.jpg

SAME STYLE JAN 2010
(w/color and 100% Australian wax used)
jan10016.jpg

Can you see the shine?? Imagine the softness!!! I did a 2nd BC in Sept 09 but as you can see, my hair has grown back and more!

SAME JULY 09
julyvids058.jpg

JAN 2010
jan10003.jpg

jan10043.jpg

I LOVE THIS WAX!! I don't know if its better than all the other butters or creams but for my CNAPP texture, my ends seemed to :lick: every time I put it on!!!Can you say staple?!? I got it from my from the drugstore for less than $3.

Last edited:
I've noticed that when I do my son's hair his hair is shiny and elongated with the honey wax.

Thats what surprised me was that it really stretched my hair before I even twisted it! I was so happy!

At first I was going to twist my whole head but I changed my mind and when I took out the twist I had *JUST* done, it already had the crimp of the twist; like I had left it in overnight. I am in love w/this beeswax.

I have a jar in my cabinet and was thinking of trying this on my son's twists next time I do his hair. Now I will def try it. I need to use that jar up some how. Your hair does look ALOT shiner from the first pic, soft and healthy too.

Great job, OP! It looks like your progress is coming along nicely. Can you explain how you did your twists? (My twists come out looking a HAM).

Great job, OP! It looks like your progress is coming along nicely. Can you explain how you did your twists? (My twists come out looking a HAM).

Thanks so much! Well this time I had just rinsed out the color, conditioned w/their product and rinsed it out. My hair is extra thick so by the time I finished the twists up front, the back was no longer wet (but still damp). I applied just a wee bit of wax to the ends of the section I was going to twist and then the whole section. I'm still learning how to style, YOUTUBE is my best friend! LOL

It'll get easier w/time. I usually just wear twists for the twist out so I'm not a pro. I chose small sections this time though.

Excuse the ignorance of this no-product-knowing poster, but what's the consistency of the wax? I'm imagining a cross between a butter and a grease? Or is it more like one than the other? Totally different?

I have Beeswax buried somewhere, but I got it as part of a WNG recipe someone was having me try and only used it once but can't remember what it looked like.

Is wax hard to rinse out and does it make it harder to moisterize your hair otherwise? Lovely twists though. Congrats on the progress

*subs thread* :yep:

Do you find your hair more readily collects lint/dirt with the wax? Is it noticeably tackier/more prone to matting upon takedown? Also--and I think someone has asked this already (pardon me if this is the case)--could you compare its consistency to beeswax?

Does the wax have a name, or is it a certain brand you are speaking of? Is it heavy?

Murray's w/100% Pure Australian Beeswax. It says on the jar, seals ends and conditions

My question is what is the difference b/w this stuff and regular grease? I'm really in love with this wax. Its heavy but its to be expected.

*subs thread* :yep:

Do you find your hair more readily collects lint/dirt with the wax? Is it noticeably tackier/more prone to matting upon takedown? Also--and I think someone has asked this already (pardon me if this is the case)--could you compare its consistency to beeswax?

I don't really notice that it collects dirt or lint, it disappears just as soon as I rub it on the piece that I'm twisting. I don't use a bunch on each section but if you do, you will have buildup. I took down my twists today and I didn't have any buildup. It is beeswax!:grin:

Is wax hard to rinse out and does it make it harder to moisterize your hair otherwise? Lovely twists though. Congrats on the progress

I thought the same thing but when I moisturized today (after taking down the twist for a twistout) it helped to clump my hair together (not matte). I was so happy w/the result. My hair was still moisturized and was still soft. Thanks.

Excuse the ignorance of this no-product-knowing poster, but what's the consistency of the wax? I'm imagining a cross between a butter and a grease? Or is it more like one than the other? Totally different?

I have Beeswax buried somewhere, but I got it as part of a WNG recipe someone was having me try and only used it once but can't remember what it looked like.

Girl, you are nothing like what you described yourself! You are correct, it is something like grease. It reminds me of grease but it seems to be 'softer'. I wouldn't incorporate it in a WNG regimen though, it would cause buildup in that case. You have to rub it in.

I don't really notice that it collects dirt or lint, it disappears just as soon as I rub it on the piece that I'm twisting. I don't use a bunch on each section but if you do, you will have buildup. I took down my twists today and I didn't have any buildup. It is beeswax!:grin:

Reading is fundamental, LOL...thanks!

Back