PIC HEAVY!!! SJ's Flat Iron - ETAE REVIEW CONTINUED!!!

Lucky's Mom

OK!!!

Here is part one of my review!!

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=7986573&highlight=#post7986573

Just so I would not get...... :mob: coming after me for not posting pics - here they are - along with my continued review!

So................

Once I completed my ETAE Carmelux conditioning.... The results were.....:ohwell: not the Silky buttery results that we at LHCF vets expect. There were not tons of Tangles - but - there was no excitement. I used the alo concotion in the shower - just to use it up....

NEXT Step: I rinsed and Rinsed - and RINSED!!!! I did not use ACV rinse...But I did do a final distilled water rinse.

Next Step..... Used Aveda Damage Control... I avoided any homemade Aloe Glycerin Product...and avoided any coconut oil.....I used a DAB of Sabino.... Not much at all really - and sprayed Turn Up the Heat ( available at Sally's)

ETAE states that these protection steps are not necessary - UH - Yea right:rolleyes: EVERY other site/ manufacterer in the WORLD says this is important.....

Again - I used my Blow Dryer to Maximize Straightness..... I Blew Dry in Parts....and let the dryer do the work. Start on medium, then go to hot.. with comb attachment ( don't kill me Pink Skates!!!:lachen:)

Etae's Claim of a silky Blow Dry???? Well, Yes, and no.... It was an excellent blow dry... But - I had that a couple of weeks ago too....Hair still felt a bit dry...:ohwell: but not fried :lachen:I used a round brush for the ends.

HairpicsFlatironJune2009022.jpg

Here is the curly coily shot....

HairpicsFlatironJune2009027.jpg

Here is the complete blowdry.....

Next Step:

Used the FHI for a second time... not beyond 400 degrees.....I minimized the use of Spray or Sabino ( which felt MUCH hotter when I applied it...- Could Sabino cause more problems???? - that is another thread)
and Attempted to swipe only once or twice ONLY.....

Next Step:

I did my FIRST WRAP EVER!!!!!I only added a small amount of coconut oil ( I know - you all are going:blush: ) I never knew how to do it!!! ( giving props to PokaHontas, and many Youtubers!!! thanks)

And Wrapped it overnite...I did not know if I would look :eek2::clown: or if I would look :cool2:
I did have Swingyness! Yippee! Minimal product was the helpful part - It was not sabino laden :lachen:
The Final VERDICT on ETAE Carmelux Line:

Shampoo: - Since this line has only been out for about 6 months.... The salon may start seeing a trend in "clipping those ends". while the shampoo is supposed to remove oils without stripping... A squeaky clean head of hair is not ALWAYS the best option... even with Flat Ironing!

And Just because EGG Protiens and etc are in the shampoo... does not mean that this will help... all that stuff heads to the drain in Shampoo - as we all know.

The Condish: - Who want grit and graineness - for 26 bucks? Not me. I think that the concept is good - with different moisturizing/detangling properties.

OVERALL: If it aint Broke - Don't fix it. The Old line from ETAE gave great results, and I think - over time - the problematic results will prove themselves. The original Carmel Treatment used wonderful Humectants ( Olive oil & Honey ).... and then the Aloe Conditioner also used Aloe, Wheat Germ and coconut ) Simple.... And effective.

The Carmelux line??? Honey - olive oil and molasses, mixed with SOAP - will likely not give the same result....as your Carmel treat....The Condish... I know that Slip and such is not the goal.... Etae Salon reccomends Detangling AFTER rinsing for 30 Seconds. :sad: Detangling Wet hair?:ohwell:

- Bottom Line.....Stick with Coconut and Lime Homemade Carmel Treats, Honey Treatments, Maxiglide ( beyond Straight ) Steaming, and the like.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=215967

These are CHEAPER and more effective!!!!:yep:

What I have learned - is Technique, product placement and method is everything! And Shiney swang can never replace hair health....

OK! Here is the rest of what y'all love........ PICS............:kiss:

PS: I have had a setback............:nono: 450 degrees..... and small braids can jack your world up! Toodles!

HairpicsFlatironJune2009031.jpg

HairpicsFlatironJune2009044.jpg

HairpicsFlatironJune2009046.jpg

HairpicsFlatironJune2009058.jpg

HairpicsFlatironJune2009066.jpg

HairpicsFlatironJune2009068.jpg

HairpicsFlatironJune2009069.jpg

Last edited:
Awwww! you are so cute and so it your hair. Great job on the straigtening by the way and thanks for the pics

I think the results are great. I would buy the product in an exchange or a mega sale. If I can find something to help easy the 4b texture in styling im on it. :up:

You look so cute. Great review and pics. Despite your "setback," your hair appears to be growing.

I am still trying to find the right amount of Sabino to use.

It's about TIME!!! I was waiting for the rest of the review aaaaall last night! :lol:

So that sucks, such an expensive system that gives results that you could get for a fraction of the cost :ohwell: It sure does SOUND good and your hair looks fab!

I wonder why they messed up a good thing and changed the ingredients? Why the hell do companies do that? It's so annoying!

Thanks for the honest and thorough review Miss Jones! Sorry about the setback :sad:

Last edited:
Let me get this straight, the flat iron was set to 450 and that created a set back? do you mean heat damage? You know I'm scuuuuuuurrred, help me understand....

Tks!

Very, very pretty. Thanks for sharing your review of this product:yep:

OK!!!

Here is part one of my review!!

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=7986573&highlight=#post7986573

Just so I would not get...... :mob: coming after me for not posting pics - here they are - along with my continued review!

So................

Once I completed my ETAE Carmelux conditioning.... The results were.....:ohwell: not the Silky buttery results that we at LHCF vets expect. There were not tons of Tangles - but - there was no excitement. I used the alo concotion in the shower - just to use it up....

NEXT Step: I rinsed and Rinsed - and RINSED!!!! I did not use ACV rinse...But I did do a final distilled water rinse.

Next Step..... Used Aveda Damage Control... I avoided any homemade Aloe Glycerin Product...and avoided any coconut oil.....I used a DAB of Sabino.... Not much at all really - and sprayed Turn Up the Heat ( available at Sally's)

ETAE states that these protection steps are not necessary - UH - Yea right:rolleyes: EVERY other site/ manufacterer in the WORLD says this is important.....

Again - I used my Blow Dryer to Maximize Straightness..... I Blew Dry in Parts....and let the dryer do the work. Start on medium, then go to hot.. with comb attachment ( don't kill me Pink Skates!!!:lachen:)

Etae's Claim of a silky Blow Dry???? Well, Yes, and no.... It was an excellent blow dry... But - I had that a couple of weeks ago too....Hair still felt a bit dry...:ohwell: but not fried :lachen:I used a round brush for the ends.

HairpicsFlatironJune2009022.jpg

Here is the curly coily shot....

HairpicsFlatironJune2009027.jpg

Here is the complete blowdry.....

Next Step:

Used the FHI for a second time... not beyond 400 degrees.....I minimized the use of Spray or Sabino ( which felt MUCH hotter when I applied it...- Could Sabino cause more problems???? - that is another thread)
and Attempted to swipe only once or twice ONLY.....

Next Step:

I did my FIRST WRAP EVER!!!!!I only added a small amount of coconut oil ( I know - you all are going:blush: ) I never knew how to do it!!! ( giving props to PokaHontas, and many Youtubers!!! thanks)

And Wrapped it overnite...I did not know if I would look :eek2::clown: or if I would look :cool2:
I did have Swingyness! Yippee! Minimal product was the helpful part - It was not sabino laden :lachen:
The Final VERDICT on ETAE Carmelux Line:

Shampoo: - Since this line has only been out for about 6 months.... The salon may start seeing a trend in "clipping those ends". while the shampoo is supposed to remove oils without stripping... A squeaky clean head of hair is not ALWAYS the best option... even with Flat Ironing!

And Just because EGG Protiens and etc are in the shampoo... does not mean that this will help... all that stuff heads to the drain in Shampoo - as we all know.

The Condish: - Who want grit and graineness - for 26 bucks? Not me. I think that the concept is good - with different moisturizing/detangling properties.

OVERALL: If it aint Broke - Don't fix it. The Old line from ETAE gave great results, and I think - over time - the problematic results will prove themselves. The original Carmel Treatment used wonderful Humectants ( Olive oil & Honey ).... and then the Aloe Conditioner also used Aloe, Wheat Germ and coconut ) Simple.... And effective.

The Carmelux line??? Honey - olive oil and molasses, mixed with SOAP - will likely not give the same result....as your Carmel treat....The Condish... I know that Slip and such is not the goal.... Etae Salon reccomends Detangling AFTER rinsing for 30 Seconds. :sad: Detangling Wet hair?:ohwell:

- Bottom Line.....Stick with Coconut and Lime Homemade Carmel Treats, Honey Treatments, Maxiglide ( beyond Straight ) Steaming, and the like.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=215967

These are CHEAPER and more effective!!!!:yep:

What I have learned - is Technique, product placement and method is everything! And Shiney swang can never replace hair health....

OK! Here is the rest of what y'all love........ PICS............:kiss:

PS: I have had a setback............:nono: 450 degrees..... and small braids can jack your world up! Toodles!

HairpicsFlatironJune2009031.jpg

HairpicsFlatironJune2009044.jpg

HairpicsFlatironJune2009046.jpg

HairpicsFlatironJune2009058.jpg

HairpicsFlatironJune2009066.jpg

HairpicsFlatironJune2009068.jpg

HairpicsFlatironJune2009069.jpg

Great review! I purchased E'tae around the same time you did and the con was horrible. I think they had a TON of complaints about the con, because a few months after its initial debut, it was revamped. And I have to admit, it really is much better. I recently retried the poo w/the new con, overall I like the line. I notice less hair shed during and after the shampoo/conditioning process. Less hair shed is a definite plus! But I dont know if I can justify the cost of the products---I wish they were less expensive. I think they could really assist anyone attempting to transition. (I currently am)

Great review! I purchased E'tae around the same time you did and the con was horrible. I think they had a TON of complaints about the con, because a few months after its initial debut, it was revamped. And I have to admit, it really is much better. I recently retried the poo w/the new con, overall I like the line. I notice less hair shed during and after the shampoo/conditioning process. Less hair shed is a definite plus! But I dont know if I can justify the cost of the products---I wish they were less expensive. I think they could really assist anyone attempting to transition. (I currently am)

Well, a cheaper alternative......is Aloe Vera coconut oil and a bit of wheat germ for the conditioner.

The shampoo - well - I use it. and like it. Won't buy the new condish again.

Back