PIC - Album Update - Kinky Twists with a twist.....

LondonDiva

I never got to finish the buggers....again!

:ohwell: :perplexed :look: :confused: :(

I finally have realised my problem....I'm making the parts way toooo small which is why it's taking me soooooo long to finish...or not finish in this case. I had to start taking them down at 2am realising I was never going to finish in time.

As our hair journeys are all about the ups as well as the downs I though I'd post what I had started, as I had started to take pics with the possibility of getting an end result, but was proud of what I did thus far so decided to add it to the album and share with you guys. I learnt this from the braids by breslin DVD the link to the website is located in my links section of the album. I'm gonna have to return my DVD as it's faulty for another one but that's a whole other story.

I went onto the BBB website where you can see a short snippet of each hairstyle she does on video and realised my parting were in fact too small. I'm going to attempt them again and will update sometime this decade my kinky twist finally done.

I will not be defeated. **considers changing username to LB - LondonBimbo** :lol:

Anyways enjoy my half done head of hair.

http://public.fotki.com/LondonDiva/http://public.fotki.com/LondonDiva/kinky_twists_-_the/

Uh LD??? What in the hell took so you long to start? :lol: Do I recall you mentioning that you were going to do this more than a week ago??? Are you a procrastinator like me? :lol:

Well...half of your head does look lovely. I can't wait to see it ALL DONE! :lol:

I guess we can check back when...in a few weeks?

Get ta twistin and hurry da hell up! :lol:

SWEET MERCIFUL CRAP!!!! those were SOOOOO small!!! they were utterly perfect, but my word! no wonder you couldnt get through it! well, live and learn girl....

They look sooooo good!!! You're a pro!!! I'm coming all the way to London, just to get my hair twisted! So you'll have to learn to twist faster, because I can't afford to stay there an entire month! :grin:

Last edited:
i just came back to add....they look really great and if you want them that small, you might want to start by braiding the perimeter...so that in the event that you dont finish in time for work, you can pull it into a ponytail and no one will be the wiser...

WOW, they look great (and very natural by the way)!! This is pretty funny because I just got my hair "professionally" kinky twisted today and mine don't look nearly as neat or pretty as yours. Man, I'm sooo jealous.

kitchen_tician said:
They look sooooo good!!! You're a pro!!! I'm coming all the way to London, just to get my hair twisted! So you'll have to learn to twist faster, because I can't afford to stay there an entire month! :grin:

:lol: :lol: Girl I'm sure it will take me three weeks not four to do your hair give an LB some credit.

Baha_Ma said:
WOW, they look great (and very natural by the way)!! This is pretty funny because I just got my hair "professionally" kinky twisted today and mine don't look nearly as neat or pretty as yours. Man, I'm sooo jealous.

Thanks for the compliments. What makes them look so neat is you have to twist each individual strand and then twist them over giving them that sleek look. Some women who I've seen with theirs done are just twisted over and they look all fuzzy and uneven in length. I didn't quite get it on the DVD so had to keep going over it until I got what she was talking about. I will take some pics tonight and add them to the album tomorrow as an example.

i love your twist London diva...is that where you learned how to do them from was from the breslins DVD?...i was thinking about ordering maybe one of the dvds to see how it is...im not really good at doing hair(braids)...but would love to learn to cornrow or do somekind of braids and get a manequin head to practice on...but your kinky twist makes me want to order the whole dvd collection...

LD, they really looked good!!! I've been contemplating doing mine....I just hate the time involved but if they turn out like yours, it's soooo worth it!

Great job and I'm mad too that you already took them out! :lol:

Okay where do I order this DVD from. THose twist are perfect. I LOVE them I wish you would have kept on going maybe with that size they would last longer you think. ANYHOO someone give me the web address for that DVD how much is it.

caramelty said:
Okay where do I order this DVD from. THose twist are perfect. I LOVE them I wish you would have kept on going maybe with that size they would last longer you think. ANYHOO someone give me the web address for that DVD how much is it.

http://www.braidsbybreslin.com

i belive she used these by breslin....they are very reasonalbe 19.95 for each one or you can get all of the styles in one for 69.95...im thinking of ordering one of the tapes...but im not for sure which one i want...she has me wanting to get the kinky twist dvd...

bluediamond0829 said:
i love your twist London diva...is that where you learned how to do them from was from the breslins DVD?...i was thinking about ordering maybe one of the dvds to see how it is...im not really good at doing hair(braids)...but would love to learn to cornrow or do somekind of braids and get a manequin head to practice on...but your kinky twist makes me want to order the whole dvd collection...

Yes I learnt it from her DVD. I bought the 4 in one DVD (more cost effective) I thought being close to $60 was quite pricy, but I get 4 styles and it's going to cost me £15 for the hair plus £75 each time to get my hair done professionally. So in the long run I save, and could make money by doing someone else's hair.

caramelty said:

Thank you girl!!

Okay thanks ladies I just ordered the kinky twist dvd. I already know how to cornrow and ty zillions. I have been wanting some more twist but they do them to big at the shop I want them the size of yours. I will be rocking twist for awhile now atleast until Cancun next march.

LD, those look awesome. Hats off to ya girl. I couldn't do it :grin: I can't wait to see the finished product.

BTW, your MTG progress is amazing. I've been slipping since the realxer. I'm off to put some on right now.....

LondonDiva you see what you done...you have made me go on there and purchase the 4 in 1 dvd lol...i wanted to get at least one of the dvds before i saw your twist but was not for sure which one...but since i saw how your twisted turned...and with a little bit of practice im going to be able to hopefully do my own hair and my sisters :)....

Armyqt said:
LD, those look awesome. Hats off to ya girl. I couldn't do it :grin: I can't wait to see the finished product.

BTW, your MTG progress is amazing. I've been slipping since the realxer. I'm off to put some on right now.....

Thank you Ms QT. Your hair is looking amazing!!

Back