phytospecific relaxer

quitestorm22

Has anyone tried this yet? If so, how much does it cost to have done, where can I get it done (I live in New York), if you are surging is there any reaction ("reversion", hardness etc), how long does it last? I'm asking bc I've heard that it's suppose to be more "healthy" for your hair and it has the lowest ph of any relaxer that I can think of. It has a ph of 9-12, every other relaxer has phs of 13-14 and I was told that nobody should use a relaxer with a ph higher than 12.5. TIA

hey quietstorm. I've tried this relaxer. Not on myself, but on my daughter's hair. She has type 2b/3a ? and this relaxer did absolutley nothing for her hair.

I also used it on my cousin's hair-type 4a/b and it burned his head so bad that it started to bleed..

this relaxer is in my opinion, a waste of money, since it didn't relax a type 2, and it burned the hell out of a type 4.

Oh and lets not mention the price..I paid $40 for this relaxer, only to be very dissapointed with the results.

but that was just my experience. maybe it worked for someone else...

anyway here's a website that sells it. HTH.

hairboutique.com

I tried this relaxer back in March or April of last year ( I am currently in transition now though) and at first I thought it came really well, but after about 2 weeks my hair seemed to revert. It didn't last long at all. I personally don't think it's worth the money.

I used this right before I came to this hairboard and it's pretty crappy. I've never had such crispy hair before in my life. Switched to Motions lye mild and this not only worked well for me, I finally saw shiny hair for the first time in months. Don't waste your money. HTH

Yeah jaibee.. It wasn't a pretty sight. he was crying and squirming as I washed it out.. I felt soooooo bad for him
crazy.gif
. along with myself for throwing 40 bucks down the drain.
mad.gif

Wow, I had a great experience with this product... no burning, soft, shiny, smooth hair. I have 2 stylist that use it. I have 3b/c hair . I relax (texturize) twice maybe 3 times a year.

Hmmm - I tried this for the first time this year - the first time I've relaxed my own hair - and I loved it! I'm never going back to a salon - my hair was soft and shiny, and full. Worth the money to me - 2 applications in the box, and way less than I ever paid a salon.

I just texturized for the first time in 8 years with this product (Mild, 1). I had it done professionally and experienced no adverse effects. I think it's a great product since it's naturally based and has a low pH (7, in the mild).

I used this for my first self-relaxing experiment. It was good, IMO. Really good. It did burn me a little, but like a moron, I'd wet my scalp two days before. I've gotten a new hairdresser who says no-lye is best for my hair, so I may bring in the Phyto, since it is a no-lye.

I used this relaxer in November 2004 and I really liked it...no reversions, little burning and this is the closest I have ever come to a salon-like relaxer at home (i used Index 2)... I used this becuase when I went to the salon in Aug 2003, the stylist wanted $100 and I wasn't trying to feel that!...My hair was silky and well processed...I don't use it now because the price is now $65...for that I might as well go to the salon..

Back