Phytospecific Index 1....Anyone????

Jazzy413

Hi all...Im newbie and was wondering if anyone here has tried Phyto Index 1 for fine hair? Ive heard so many great things about Phyto that I would love to try it, but most of the reviews Ive seen on the board were for Index 2. The reviews I did find were from Amazon and they were somewhat mixed. Its been almost 17 weeks since my last relaxer, which was a Namaste, which I loved, but can only get at a salon as far as I know. I want to try the Phyto now but need to find out the difference between the Indexes, see results, etc.... Can anyone help??? Oh and Im in the process of putting together my Fotki Hair album so Ill be enlisting some help on my hair type as well ladies!! Thanks!

I'm type 4A fine hair and have used Phyton Index I and it didn't straightend my hair the way I like it. I switched to Index II and it did the job. I guess it all depends on your hair. If you have say type 3A or want to texturize your hair then Index I is the way to go but if you want it straight then try Index II..

I have 4a hair and Phyto I did not straighten well for me at all. I tried phyto II and my hair was silky straight, it performed very well.

I think it depends on the kind of hair you have. I use index I but I don't intend to get my hair straight, but if left on for 20-30mins with smooting, the texture ends up wavy. Now, my sister can get her hair bone straight with index I with 30mins with smoothing, but I think her hair was more porous. If you want stick straight hair, I'd go with index II and do a patch test for timing. If you want to texturize, use index I because it'll be slower to relax.

I have very fine, 3C/4A hair and I use Phyto II. It gets my hair very straight in about 25 minutes. I was thinking of switching to Phyto I, but I'm not totally convinced yet that it would be a good idea. I would be curious as well to hear from someone who is 4A and uses Phyto I.

I use Index I to texturize my hair. I tried II, but it over-straightened my hair a bit too much. Index I worked much better, and I have so-called "resistant" 4b hair.

Thanks for replying....I am still trying to figure out my actual hair type but my hair is so fine that I dont think I would want to go bone str8 anyway, so Phyto 1 might work....Id love to see pics of anyone relaxed with Index 1 if available.....Thanks!

Back