Phytorelaxer...little overrated

CoCoGirl821

So today I used the phytorelaxer for the very first time. And I will admit, I'm not that impressed. It didn't get my hair that straight and it did tingle a little. I did however like the milk reconstructer that comes with the kit. I mixed that with some Nexxus keraphix, put on a plastic cap and kept it in my hair for at least an hour. My hair was really soft and felt mostuirized afterwards. I didn't totally dislike the phytorelaxer, but im definately not about to bust out another $60 plus shipping on it either. I guess I am back to my old faithful ORS Olive Oil Relaxer.:cool:

Last edited:
Awww Coco....sowry the product didn't live up to your expectations. :(

Every product doesn't work on every head in the same way, unfortunately :ohwell:

MonaLisa said:
Awww Coco....sowry the product didn't live up to your expectations. :(

Every product doesn't work on every head in the same way, unfortunately :ohwell:

Yeah I know. I did read that some ladies that have used phyto felt that their hair was underprocessed. I might give it another try but we will see what my wallet is saying first.:confused:

CoCoGirl821 said:
Yeah I know. I did read that some ladies that have used phyto felt that their hair was underprocessed. I might give it another try but we will see what my wallet is saying first.:confused:

:lol: :lol: ... Understood.

I've always had pretty good touch ups with Phyto...but the absolute bestest one was the most recent one...done at HOME..and it stayed on longer than it should have...bad I know....but my hair turned out wonderful...and not...one....single...burn...tingle...nada...that experience stopped me from potentially cheating with another "unnamed" relaxer :look:

Anyhoo, I wish for you a great touch up experience next time around...with whatever brand you choose.

Sorry it was soso for you. I debated on trying it but I'm concerned about what switching relaxers will do to my hair.

dlewis said:
Sorry it was soso for you. I debated on trying it but I'm concerned about what switching relaxers will do to my hair.

I know this is OT, but I always thought frequently switching relaxers was bad for your hair? But you know what?...thats what an old stylist once told me, she probably was just trying to keep me in her chair

CoCoGirl821 said:
So today I used the phytorelaxer for the very first time. And I will admit, I'm not that impressed. It didn't get my hair that straight and it did tingle a little. I did however like the milk reconstructer that comes with the kit. I mixed that with some Nexxus keraphix, put on a plastic cap and kept it in my hair for at least an hour. My hair was really soft and felt mostuirized afterwards. I didn't totally dislike the phytorelaxer, but im definately not about to bust out another $60 plus shipping on it either. I guess I am back to my old faithful ORS Olive Oil Relaxer.:cool:

I was worried about that too Coco, I would have been kicking myself across the room! LOL But you hear the hype and you gotta give it a try. I did a African Pride no-lye, but I bit a couple of steps off of Phyto. I did Duo Tex before I neutralized and then I used Optimum creamy neutralizer poo two lathers, then a condish poo one lather followed by a deep conditioner, then leave in (sounds like a lot). I'm pretty sure my hair came out close to the Phyto experience. It didn't have that flat just relaxed feeling and it got me straight, which has been a real issue for me. So I just decided to enhance the regular box no-lye with my own supporting products. I'm pleased with my results :) Next stop - henna!! woo hoo.

SweetCaramel1 said:
i'm glad you posted. i'm in search for a new relaxer. i was wondering if phyto was worth it.

Not to say its not a good relaxer. Its just that I wanted my hair to be straighter than it came out. Since my hair is not long at all, I dont have many options for hair styling, so I would like my relaxers to make my ahir more on the straight side so that I won't have to use much heat. But i put in a rollerset and it came out nice so far (posted some pics in my album), I will see the final results in the morning.

Also have your tried ORS Olive Oil or Mizani? These are two relaxers that I have used before, and both were very good!

Back