Phytorelaxer CAN Go Bone Straight!

Dandelion

Phytorelaxer CAN Go Bone Straight!

I have seen many posts where members write that they haven't been able to get "bone straight" hair with
Phytorelaxer and I wanted to offer some assistance. Bone straight hair is ABSOLUTELY possible with Phytorelaxer! I know because I did it to myself (accidentally!) with my last touch-up.

I am a 4A (coffee stirrer-sized curls), fine, very dry, who has been using Phytorelaxer for over a year. I use Index 1 (to have extra time for application and smoothing without damage) and I have been relaxing to about 80-85% as I wanted to maintain some elasticity and I wear braid sets or wash & wear. While I liked the results, I was not getting consistent relaxation all over, there were always some under-processed areas.

I discovered London Diva's multi-zone relaxer method and tried it on my last touch-up. It is a wonderful method and I will be using it from now on. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of not reducing my smoothing time and ended up with this amazingly silky, smooth, straight hair (darn, it would have to be after stretching for *six* months!).

The keys to going bone straight with Phytorelaxer:

1. You MUST *smooth* the hair to straighten it. This is no "just apply it and set the timer" relaxer. Handle the hair gently, but smooth for all of your processing time.

2. Use enough product to thoroughly saturate the hair/new growth

3. Discard the gloves in the kit and get some fitted latex gloves. You'll have better control and be better able to gauge the level of processing. You may also want to apply and smooth with your fingers instead of trying to use the back of a comb.

All the standard advice still applies:

Rinse thoroughly--then rinse some more!

Shampoo until the foam changes colour. And yes, it *does* take a long time.

After a week, consider a serious reconstructor (I used Aphogee followed the Aphogee moisturizer).

Good-luck on your hair journey!
Dandelion

schilder_2.gif

I discovered the same thing by accident too. I didn't smooth it tho. I just put too much product on and now I have a completely straight section of hair.

Yes, you MUST smooth this relaxer!!

For me, because this relaxer is a bit 'milder' than others, I notice I have a bit more smoothing time, so I take advantage of it.

I smooth w/my fingers as well, so I can 'feel' the hair as the process advances.

I've always gotten absolutely straight with Phyto Index I. I tried Index II last time - i swear it almost did all of the work for me and super fast as well.

I wanted to chime in - Arcadian introduced me to using the acv rinse after the initial relaxer rinse-out. I was at white suds in two washes. It shocked me so much that the suds were white so fast, I washed again to be sure. I highly recommend her method.

newflowers said:
I've always gotten absolutely straight with Phyto Index I. I tried Index II last time - i swear it almost did all of the work for me and super fast as well.

I wanted to chime in - Arcadian introduced me to using the acv rinse after the initial relaxer rinse-out. I was at white suds in two washes. It shocked me so much that the suds were white so fast, I washed again to be sure. I highly recommend her method.

Co-sign!! Works wonders!

Back