Phyto strand test

Penspringz

Hi ladies, I just did a strand test with phyto index 1 but it doesn't looks it did anything to my hair but perhaps make it harder. My hair is currently 100% natural. It's not even slightly straighter than natural. Whilst the relaxer was on, my hair looked like it normally does with conditioner in it.

What does this mean? Should I perhaps try Index2? I really want straight hair- for a change (please don't try and convince me to stay natural and just press my hair).

Thanks

I have very fine 4a/b hair and used Index 1 with excellent results; my daughter's hair is 3 - very curly thick biracial hair and needs Index 2.

Other than asking about how long you left it in and how you smoothed it, I can only think Index1 is not strong enough for your hair.

I'm bumping this for more responses - there are some serious Phyto lovers on this site.

During the strand test you have to leave the product on until it reaches the desired texture. If you washed it out before it became straight you can't use that length of time. The only thing you now know is that you need to keep it on longer and/or smooth more.

Thank you for responding...

I followed the instructions for the strand test...left it one for 7 mins before smoothing and kept checking to see whether it had reached the desired straightness but didn't want to leave it one for more than the specified time for my hair texture which is a max of 20 mins. so I washed it out with the neautralising shampoo. You can't even tell that I did anything to that piece of hair.

sareca...I would like texturised 70% so should I leave it on for longer or use index 2?

Back