Phyto question

mkh_77

Hi ladies! I noticed a lot of people love the Phyto relaxer system, but has anyone used any of the other products from this line? I am asking because I am interested in the Pyhtonectar shampoo and Phytosessame conditioner for ultra-dry hair. TIA!

Oh! I forgot to mention that I am natural--have been for three years this July.

Last edited:
I really like the jojoba shampoo and the karite deep conditioner when stretching my relaxers. The defrisant was a disappointment the first couple times, but then I started using a blowdryer after the roller set to get the roots straight. I could really tell the difference because my roller sets lack any real tension (read: the rollers are almost falling off my head). :D I don't really care for the black line because the ingredients seem inferior (mineral oil, petrolatum, etc) and seemed to dry my hair.

mkh_77 said:
Hi ladies! I noticed a lot of people love the Phyto relaxer system, but has anyone used any of the other products from this line? I am asking because I am interested in the Pyhtonectar shampoo and Phytosessame conditioner for ultra-dry hair. TIA!

This is a good question because I have the Phytobaume conditioner which was sent to me in error. I initially ordered another phyto product but was given this and toatlly waisted my 20? dollars cause I'm not using this conditioner. Has anyone used the phytobaume? And if so, what did you think of it.

DMarie

I didn't like the ingredients in the PhytoSpecific line, either, so I thought the other products might be a good alternative. I don't mind spending the money for good products, but I want to make sure they are worth it first!

Atlantatiffany--how do you like the Phytonectar?! Have you used any of the other products?

Last edited:
mkh_77 said:
I didn't like the ingredients in the PhytoSpecific line, either, so I thought the other products might be a good alternative. I don't mind spending the money for good products, but I want to make sure they are worth it first!

Atlantatiffany--how do you like the Phytonectar?! Have you used any of the other products?

i will pay any amount for the phytonectar, that is how much i love it. for some people shampoo isn't a big deal, but i have very pourous and dry hair and this shampoo is the best ever. it's the only shampoo i have used that really cleans, moisturises, and detangles my hair. afterwards my hair feels so good and it looks very shiny. the phyto line is kind of pricey so i haven't tried anything else yet, but i do like the relaxer also. very good.

I've tried the Phyto9 leave-in and I didn't like it at all. It didn't allow me to detangle my hair plus it made my hair feel coated. And the more I used, the drier my hair felt.

The PhytoJojoba shampoo made my curls really stand out! They were nicely defined. My hair felt clean and I was loving the shine it gave to my hair. I really liked it, but it's not very moisturizing and some times I had to use more conditioner just to get some slip back into my hair.

I got a sample of the Phyto shampoo for colored hair (I think it was called Revitalize or something.) and even though my hair isn't colored, it was an all right shampoo. Very similar to the Phytojoba but a little bit more moisturizing.

i forgot to add, the only reason i starting using phyto is because alicia keys uses it and she said the same things i said about the product.

I'm currently using their hair, skin, and nails vitamins and there pre treat hot oil stuff. Their name are so freakin' complicated and I'm to lazy to get the bottle, but I like both products. I have good growth but Im not sure it's the vitamins but my skin and nails, are much healthier.

mkh_77 said:

I have never used these Phyto products before. I only use the PhytoSpecific line which was designed specifically for African American Hair. One of the shampoos they offer is for natural hair, but I can't remember which one right now. I think it's the Optimal Hydration formula.

Back