Phyto Organics Vs. Aveda

Cholet112

Im an avid Aveda fan, I mean die hard now. But Im trying to cut back on some expense to be nearly debt free by Dec 07. The most likely place to cut back is my Aveda trips (Says my financial advisor). Can you believe that????? Dont use Aveda for the rest of the year?????? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: What blasphemy!!! She just dont know what she is asking me to do. But for the sake of being completely out of debt I will make the sacrifice :perplexed :perplexed

Anyway, I was reading that Nexxus Phyto Organics could be an alternative. Have any Aveda or Nexxus people used both? And if so do you think they equally compare or does Aveda still rule?

Cholet112 said:
Im an avid Aveda fan, I mean die hard now. But Im trying to cut back on some expense to be nearly debt free by Dec 07. The most likely place to cut back is my Aveda trips (Says my financial advisor). Can you believe that????? Dont use Aveda for the rest of the year?????? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: What blasphemy!!! She just dont know what she is asking me to do. But for the sake of being completely out of debt I will make the sacrifice :perplexed :perplexed

Anyway, I was reading that Nexxus Phyto Organics could be an alternative. Have any Aveda or Nexxus people used both? And if so do you think they equally compare or does Aveda still rule?

Good question. I was actually dreaming about this last night.

I prefer Phyto Organics actually.

I love Aveda, but most of the products are too heavily scented for me. Give me Humectin and Theratin and I'm happy, they leave my hair clean and perfectly moisturized.

Why not budget in your Aveda? So you buy the liter sizes of the poo and con, you could limit your trips to the salon (if you go) or try ebay for good deals.
I buy expensive products but I only go to the salon for touch ups or a special occassion for a wash and set. I also rotate it with other products. Just some ideas... I have never used phyto so I can't provide an insight.

i'm an avid aveda fan so....:grin:
however, you do what you gotta do missy poo:)
but like someone said, if you got the liter size you would still have it by dec 07 anyway. as you know, you dont need to use alot of it anyway:grin:

Its a great suggestion but I was heavily advised to find an alternative until January. I dont want to but its a must for now.

Umm, Cholet, you were the one who got me hooked on Keracare, and I expressed my shock when you switched. You could go back to Keracare, b/c I am sure that no one can argue that your hair was not beautiful b/f you found Aveda. You can get a five pound tub of Humecto (legitimate) for $27 from Ensley Beauty Supply. (I from B'ham, so I hit them up everytime I'm at home). That would save you some money and keep your hair looking beautiful.

Was there a reason you did not include Keracare as an option?

mango387 said:
Umm, Cholet, you were the one who got me hooked on Keracare, and I expressed my shock when you switched. You could go back to Keracare, b/c I am sure that no one can argue that your hair was not beautiful b/f you found Aveda. You can get a five pound tub of Humecto (legitimate) for $27 from Ensley Beauty Supply. (I from B'ham, so I hit them up everytime I'm at home). That would save you some money and keep your hair looking beautiful.

Was there a reason you did not include Keracare as an option?

Im sorry that I shocked you with my breakup from KeraCare. :grin: :grin: :grin: I felt like my hair stopped responding to KeraCare products. And with Aveda Damage Remedy I found the perfect mix of moisture and protein.

Oh I know about Ensley beauty supply!!! I have an anxiety attack as soon as I step into the hair metropolis!

I didnt include it also because I love how my hair is responding to the natural products. And Im really curious about Phyto Organics as an alternative.

I used the Phyto Organics line last wash, and I was in heaven!!! That Enphuse (protein reconstructor) bottle is pretty small, so I decided to mix it with the Humectin reconstructor and left it on for 20 minutes, and my newgrowth just melted. My hair was so soft. Usually I'd be ripping my hair out trying to rollerset, but this time it was a breeze.

I haven't used the Aveda conditioner, but when it comes to the Nexxus and Aveda shampoos, I'd say they're quite similar, although I found the Aveda poo to be a bit more moisturizing. I can't say for sure since I haven't been using them for that long, but I think it'd be a great alternative. ;)

Back