Phyto I did not take

Bint Yusef

Hi All,

I did a virgin application of Phyto index I last night and it did not take. It gave me an absolutely beautifully texturized head of hair(about 50% relaxed). Nice soft and full of body. I may decide to keep it this way, but if I decide to go completely straight how long should I wait before applying an Index 2? Is it even safe to do another relaxer over my entire head of hair? If so should I only leave it on for half the time?

Any feed back would be appreicated.

You and I relaxed on the same day, using Phyto Index I after 4 months. I would have tried Index II but I have very fine hair and didn't want to take that chance. I would like to know the answer to your question as well. This relaxer cost me $60 bones!! I'm so upset. ORS No-Lye was better and 10 times cheaper.:(:confused:

How long did you leave it on and how did you smooth it?

I use Index I for 20-25 minutes and get very straight hair. I don't know about relaxing again because I've never done that.

I left it in for 23 minutes and I smoothed with my hands and the back of a comb all over.

My hair is 3c/4a with some 4b at the crown.

It gave me a really nice texturizer like I have full very defined curls, and I can(did) blow it dry very easily.

Hmmm, sounds like Index II is needed - a stronger relaxer.

I think your hair sounds really pretty (do you have a picture), but of course, if you're going for straight and you get curly, it's not what you want. :ohwell: Someone else just wrote the used Index I and ended up with dry poufy hair - not a happy result.

I love Phyto products so much, I am so sorry to read it did not work for you - well, not the way you wanted it too.

Back