Phyto...Corrective...Second Corrective...Suggestions Needed!!!

delp

Hello All,
I used phyto for the first time about five weeks ago. I wanted the stylist to correct a nolye relaxer that did not take. Anyway, Phyto I was used and my hair was straight in certain areas (the back and edges). I finally got soo fustrated that I brought Phyto II myself and processed my own hair. Protected hair with Chi Silk, left it in for 15min., and followed the relaxer with Nexxus Emegencee/Moisturizing conditioner and Roux.

The Result: SHINE SHINE SHINE. Bone straight hair. I don't see any breakage at the this time but my hair looks very very thin. I have fine hair but this is alittle different, because my hair looks see-thru.

My Question is: How to I maintain my hair now?

-->Emergencee every week following by .....?
-->Light protein every week (like Moisturephuse(sp) or Keraphix) and use Emergencee every two weeks or as needed?

Now my hair looks and feels great. I see the results everyone has been bragging about. My hair looks like a stylist just did it( and it was little old me). I am "happy" right now but want to maintain this happiness and my new found love.
Any Suggestions.....:p

Last edited:
How many relaxers did you put in and what was the time span?

Not saying you'll have problems, but if they were done within a few weeks of each other, then you could. Emergencee may be an option to use should you need it, keraphix is a softer protien which i happen to like using on a weekly basis, and you'll probably want to also use maybe every week to every other week My hair loves the stuff, but every week may be too much for your hair. You'll have to guage how your hair does week to week with it.

I absolutely recommend no heat on your hair and, do in fact make sure you balance out the moisture with the protien you use. Gauge your hair carefully on a daily basis for a while just to see how it does.

If you find your hair getting tangled, do use porosity control to help with that. Generally you can either use it in place of a condish or at the very end as a final rinse since it dosen't need to be on long.

Good luck and keep us updated!

-A

Ditto to the above.

I would do a medium strength protien treatment and then give my hair a ton of moisture until you build your moisture stores back up. Correctives can really screw up your protein/moisutre balance so just listen to your hair as you wash and work on maintaining the two.

What was the time span for these relaxers? In addition to the above advice, I would suggest that you be very careful with the combing and styling.

Just pay close attention to your hair. You may need to be more mindful of protein and moisture, to help the hair regain its strength. I've done corrective relaxers within 2-3 weeks of each other, but I know if I do that (which I very seldom do), then I need to deep condition with a light protein a few times a week to make sure my hair keeps its health.

Back