Phony ponies: is there a right and a wrong?

tarheelgurl

I am going to Egypt next week and had planned on wearing a phony almost the entire time (17 days) but I don't want to do any damage. What should I know before I go?

Like what type of ponytail holder for my hair?
What moisturizers should I use that won't be too oily?
Should I put my hair in a plait then put the phony on or just bun it?
Can I get a good hold with the phony if I don't put my hair in a ponytail first but just a balled up plait?

Help a sista out cause I don't want to look like ham in all my photos!

Thanks in advance!

My recommendations....

moisturize and seal your hair and use a satin holder for your pony tail. If you don't have one then I have soaked my ponytail holders in EVOO and then used them. I don't wrap it tight and change the ponytails position daily. One day in the back low, one day in the back high, to the left or right...you get the idea. Secondly, I remove the combs from the ponytails with scissors and secure the ponytail with bobby pins. While your hair is under the ponytail, might be a good idea to baggy as well. Lastly, as soon as I am "in for the night" I remove the phoney pony and the pony tail in my hair. I believe that your hair needs air and to breathe....HTH

Oh Thank you! I never thought about cutting the combs out Blackoutz.
Do you think it makes a difference if my hair is braided in a plait or just kinda bunned up around the ponytail holder in the baggy?

I have done both, I that I could "control" my hair better so to speak, if it was braided and wrapped...I don't like my hair looking "knotty" and that is what all the moisture from the baggy treatment gives you...But try both ways and see which you prefer....

Glad I could help!!! Enjoy your trip and I want to see pictures...

I have done both, I that I could "control" my hair better so to speak, if it was braided and wrapped...I don't like my hair looking "knotty" and that is what all the moisture from the baggy treatment gives you...But try both ways and see which you prefer....

Glad I could help!!! Enjoy your trip and I want to see pictures...

Thanks again Blackoutz! I will let you know how it goes over there and most definately will show you pics when I get back! After all....you are helping to keep me from looking a hot mess!

Girl with all that lovely hair I am sure you would be far from looking like a hot mess....but I am glad that I could help...wearing fake hair is something that I know a thing or two about LOL:grin:

Ohh makes me want to go get some phony ponies! I met my huband when I was wearing one might have to bring it back, lol

One tip, don't sleep on the ponies for kids at the BSS. Sometimes the kids ponies are lighter, meaning weight, and I find them to be less stressful on your own hair.

Back