Phony Phony Ponytail

Hey Nessa,
I've got proof for you her name is Adrienne0914. Check out her pic's and she also gives a detailed pictured explanation on how to do the phony pony tail.
hth
I know this is an old post but I really want to learn to do a phony pony. I just paid $50 to get one done and the process included pressing edges, blow dryer and no baggy. Please post Adrienne0914's directions.
Hey Nessa,
I've got proof for you her name is Adrienne0914. Check out her pic's and she also gives a detailed pictured explanation on how to do the phony pony tail.
hth

I know this is an old post but I really want to learn to do a phony pony. I just paid $50 to get one done and the process included pressing edges, blow dryer and no baggy. Please post Adrienne0914's directions.

@ritabone

Let's tag her and see if she still comes around the boards

Yo @adrienne0914
:wave: :lol:

Here's what you will need:

1 draw string phony tail straight or curly
1-2 Bobby pins
1-2 silk type covered scrunchies
Or ouch less hair bands
Plastic processing/conditioner caps
Favorite leave in, oil, or butter
Hair Mister with water or aloe vera juice or whatever you like to moisten hair.

But it's basically you slick your hair back into a pony tail moisten or dampen the length of your real hair the real ponytail, put in your leave in and sealer oils or butters, wrap it into a bun if you want or can, then wrap your plastic conditioner cap over the your real ponytail 2 times or more to fit over your bun secure it with a scrunchie or ouch less band then cover that with a draw string ponytail = phony tail.

Now I don't use the phony tail anymore. I just made a bun cover from clean black socks and cover everything with that and secure that as well with a band.

Smooth the front edges etc. You can then add a head band or pins or nothing to the front part of your hair. And your done and your hair especially your ends are moisturized and sealed in any kind of whether all day long tucked away from the elements. At night take it all down and throw on a scarf or bonnet. In the morning, repeat.

Oh check out our growitlong thread lots of info and inspiring ladies. Link in my siggy
HHG

Last edited:
@ritabone

Let's tag her and see if she still comes around the boards

Yo @adrienne0914
:wave: :lol:

Here's what you will need:

1 draw string phony tail straight or curly
1-2 Bobby pins
1-2 silk type covered scrunchies
Or ouch less hair bands
Plastic processing/conditioner caps
Favorite leave in, oil, or butter
Hair Mister with water or aloe vera juice or whatever you like to moisten hair.

But it's basically you slick your hair back into a pony tail moisten or dampen the length of your real hair the real ponytail, put in your leave in and sealer oils or butters, wrap it into a bun if you want or can, then wrap your plastic conditioner cap over the your real ponytail 2 times or more to fit over your bun secure it with a scrunchie or ouch less band then cover that with a draw string ponytail = phony tail.

Now I don't use the phony tail anymore. I just made a bun cover from clean black socks and cover everything with that and secure that as well with a band.

Smooth the front edges etc. You can then add a head band or pins or nothing to the front part of your hair. And your done and your hair especially your ends are moisturized and sealed in any kind of whether all day long tucked away from the elements. At night take it all down and throw on a scarf or bonnet. In the morning, repeat.

Oh check out our growitlkng thread lots of info and inspiring ladies. Link in my siggy.
HHG

Thank you!

Back