Petroleum Jelly is Magic!!

Kinky4Agirl

Hey guys. I have found that Petroleum jelly is great for sealing my ends. I used it for a week and my ends felt stronger. It did not look shiny and greasy like the essential oils make it look. I also noticed that my hair stayed moisturized longer due to the PJ. It doesn't evaporate as quickly as the much thinner essential oils therefore, holding in the moisture from my products that I put on my hair. I would never use it on my scalp. But it holds the moisture in like magic.

Please let me know if I am making a newbie mistake ladies!!!

i just started using a petroleum based grease on my ends too two days ago and my ends are so so so soft:grin: . don't know why i stopped using grease in the first place, have tried shea butter and so many oils but my ends still became dry hours after.
you should be okay but i heard you need a sulfate shampoo to wash it out:ohwell:, i use black soap and never had a problem with build-up.

I used petroleum jelly last winter as a sealant and my hair loved it.. like u said.. not too greasy and my hair def felt softer/moisturized longer.

I have it on my list to get for this winter as well :yep:

All I can add is that y'all should be sure to clarify more often. Sealed ends need to breath/allow in moisture; wash, clarify, moisturize, seal, and repeat (more often).

Back