Perm new growth or all of hair????

HairFanatic01

I know this may sound like a dumb question, but ok here is the deal. I am getting a relaxer next Saturday and its almost been 10-11 months since my last relaxer. Now I have like a lot of virgin hair and I was wondering whether I should let my stylist just put the relaxer on my virgin hair or over all of my hair. Because my hair isn't completely natural its a little bit more relaxed hair than my vigin/natural hair. And not to mention I have been weaing braids for about 5 months. What should I do???

Only new growth sweetie, if you are trying to hold unto ALL of your length. Relaxed hair does not go back natural, so once you overlap old relaxed hair you are going to overprocess. HTH

Thanx so much....... wow.... ou know thats what I was thinking, but I needed someone else's advice. I don't know.... I guess because I thought that I had so much virgin hair that I might needed to perm the other hair also.
thankyou.....

Only the new growth. If not, the already relaxed hair will get over processed and break off. Make sure you let your hairdresser know you had a relaxer before so this doesn't happen. I know when I've gone a while, they want to re-perm the whole length.
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

Back