Performed a Corrective Relaxer/ Steps Included!

kandegirl

Hey ladies,

I (my cousing actually) performed a corrective relaxer on my hair this weekend. Since I strecth six months at a time my texture was wavy then straight all the way down the strand. So we did a corrective relaxer w/ Mizani regular (lye). Here's what all I did. I know its seems like a lot but it turned out well. I just have to do treatments now to keep my hair's health up.

1. Based scalp the night before and applied Chi Silk Infusium (forgot who did this but thanks!)
2. Before relaxer based again, more Chi Silk and sat under a cool dryer for 10 minutes to cool scalp ( I burn easily), and applied vaseline on ends
3. applied relaxer like usual to the roots only, then the last five minutes applied it to the rest of the hair
4. rinse relaxer out, applied Moisturefuse for 10 min. no heat
5. rinse out Moisturefuse, applied neutralizing shampoo a few times
6. applied a black rinse( help a little) for 15 min. no heat
7. rinsed and applied Moisturefuse again, Dudley's protein, and ORS root stimulator and sat unde dryer 20 minutes
8. rinsed applied Fermodoly 619, Fantasia IC Serum and setting lotion mix (lottabody, lacio lacio, jojoba oil) and wet wrapped my hair and dried

Results, I only had to flat iron a few top pieces and it looks like my hair has grown some. I'll try to post pics of my results soon.

Hope this helps someones considereing a corrective relaxer.

I am glad it turned out nicely. I am currently on a six-month stretch and my next touch, I may have to do a touch-up/corrective combo. Thanks for including the corrective directions. Post pics when you can.

Back