Peppermint Oil

I do sometimes but I only use a couple drops in a carrier oil. This stuff is tingly and makes my scalp sensitive if I use too much. I massage with it (peppermint oil, tea tree oil, and jojoba and tiny drop of jbco). I usually cowash a day or so after.

I use peppermint extract which isn't as strong as the oil, I put a few drops in a water spray bottle and spray my scalp with it.I like how it makes my scalp feel. I will be trying pure peppermint oil soon tho.

It is strong but I love it. You can't use a lot. Just 2 or 3 drops should enough for an 8 oxz bottle of carrier oil. A Half ounce bottle should last a very long time. I personally rinse all oils from my hair the following morning anyway - can't stand the build up on my hair or my scalp.

I make a 6 oz spray bottle of mostly Grapeseed oil, one once of jojoba oil, and few drops of peppermint oil.
This works excellent sealing my hair.
I also use this mix as a prepoo, and oiling my scalp when it's dry.

I've never used it on my hair, but I was annointed with peppermint oil at a bible study I visited. It took all my strength to not run to the bathroom to wash it off. :lol:

Please use a carrier oil because it burns on its own :'(

Last edited:
Back