PEPPERMINT OIL!!!

thinkpinkprincess

I'm starting to reeeeeaaally like this stuff! It smells good, and I use it for massaging my scalp to stimulate growth. I also rubbed it in last night after using a moisturizer ( ORS RP mixed w/ EVOO and a little honey) and slept with a plastic cap on and my hair felt SOOOO soft and moisturized this morning!! I also really like the peppermint oil because it seemed to seal in the moisture well without a greasy look and it gave my hair GREAT shine that looked totally NATURAL and made my hair look really healthy. Anybody use this ? How do you use it? What results do you get? Anybody know pros/cons of using this for the hair? Do I need to use a carrier oil such as sweet almond EVOO or grapeseed oil? TIA!

I mix it w/ carrier oils, and conditioners to try to faint the smell. I don't like smelling antiseptic. But as for stimulation it is good, if I used enought it makes my scalp feel tingly and cool. My kids love the feeling on their scalp, although they refer to it as burning. But I taught them the proper term of it was 'stimulating':grin:

I also you rosemary oil in the same way.

i mixed it with jojoba to add moisturizing properties and i really liked it. It is great for stimulating the follicles.

I mix it w/ carrier oils, and conditioners to try to faint the smell. I don't like smelling antiseptic. But as for stimulation it is good, if I used enought it makes my scalp feel tingly and cool. My kids love the feeling on their scalp, although they refer to it as burning. But I taught them the proper term of it was 'stimulating':grin:

I also you rosemary oil in the same way.

Awww, that's so cute! :grin:

I mix it with jojoba oil and apply it to my scalp when I DC. And yes, it's indeed stimulating:grin:!

On my bottle it is recommended to use a carrier oil with it. I heard if essential oils are left undiluted it can cause severe skin/scalp irritation or some other types of reactions in individuals.

I mix it with jojoba oil and apply it to my scalp when I DC. And yes, it's indeed stimulating:grin:!

On my bottle it is recommended to use a carrier oil with it. I heard if essential oils are left undiluted it can cause severe skin/scalp irritation or some other types of reactions in individuals.

Thank you for the info!

I love it, the smell and all. It stimulates growth and it seems to help with the moisture retention when I mix it with water and spritz before moisturizing (but that might be in my head). I've mixed it with shampoo before as well.

I love this stuff. I use carrier oils with it. I use jojoba, grapeseed, lavendar, tea tree and rosemarry oil. I love how it makes my scalp feel and my hair feel. Oh yeah I message it in about 2-3 times a week.

Last edited:
Funny this was posted, for I just got some peppermint oil just the other day. I absolutely love the smell and the tingly sensation I get from using it in my conditioner. And just used it for first time last night after I did a co-wash while taking a shower. After coming outta the bathroom, my oldest daughter tells me "Mom why do you smell like you just came from the hospital???" Ummm, I'm like "Huh?" LOL:lachen:

I bought the NOW brand from Frazier Farms, a health food supermarket. I like that it's cheaper than most many EO's too. I think I paid $4 and change for an ounce.

quote=danigurl18;4770465]what site did you purchase your oil from?[/quote]

I mix it with EVOO and use them with my moisturizing DCs. I also mix it with my sulfur mixture too. Very relaxing scent.

Back