Pencil curl human hair extensions?

ToSelahWithLove

Hey y'all!

I've decided after I take out my twists that I want to put a weave in. I saw this on someone's website:

hair6.jpg

and fell in love... but I have soo many questions. :spinning:

1. what kind of hair this is? I've been googling "tightly curly remy" "kinky curly extensions" but I'm not sure exactly what it is
2. how many oz would I need?
3. how would the weaver close it? What does the top look like?

If anyone had any ideas on what kind of hair this is, I'd suuuuper appreciate it! I have this thing for short hairstyles, and I have a feeling this would cover up my forehead/hairline so I wouldn't have to worry about blending -- like this short wig I had here did:

DSC00430.jpg

TIA.

Last edited:
Slightly OT but I love your look in the 2nd picture. Very nice

On topic. That looks like a Corkscrew wave/weave. I have no idea how much would be needed for a weave. I've used that type recently to do some "silky" dreads, yes I cut the hair off the weft.

Ivonnovi thank you! :)

Ive always thought i looked better with short hairstyles, but am too iffy to cut it -- so wigs/ weaves it is.... Hopefully the curly look will work too, once i find it!

And corkscrew?? *heads to Google* thx!!

Last edited:
crlsweetie912

Those are nice small curls. When you use it, How long does it last? That's synthetic right? What is the maintenance like? That price is great, which is a plus LOL

When I used it I would keep it in for 4 weeks, only because I couldn't stand to go without washing for longer than that (I would cleanse my scalp with sea breeze or something like that) Yes it's synthetic.

Damn Thats like the perfect look! And its human! Ive got the money but i need to do some research and see if it's worth it... Like How long does it last. If i sleep on it will i mash it and have it looking wack? Research time For real.

Man, thx to all who responded im feeling good about this!

According to the videos I watched, it holds up pretty well. I've been thinking about getting a weave because my hair has gotten on my last nerve and we need a break from each other for a little bit. My biggest problem is that I am tenderheaded so braids scare me. I've only had a weave twice and the braiding process made me want to cry each time.

The reason why I like it so much is that it isn't too shiny.

Post pictures when you do pick something!! :yep:

I've had Indique

Trust me you won't be disappointed. I bought this, used it a million times and it never got old and looked and felt GORGEOUS! It looks amazingly authentic, it's expensive as hell but is very re-usable. You'll need 2 tubes (I know), consider it an investment, lol! BTW, unless you're doing invisible braids or your hair is close to this, or you want to curl everyday the bang in the picture will NOT cut it as far as blending natural hair - I just know.

Also, there's Erena, their "Natural Curl" is 2nd to this:

http://erenahaircenters.com/new/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=5

The picture absolutely doesn't do it justice, it's not that limp and you can request a sample. HTH!

coli

Yea, being tenderheaded always sucks. I was fortunate to find a braider a few years ago that is sooo gentle I always go to her to get the beehive, then go to the weaver after. (well I've only done that twice cuz Ive only had 2 weaves but whatever. lol)

And it isn't shiny at all! It looks so real! I am gonna spend some time watching vids and reading reviews, but I know myself -- I WILL be buying that hair. :lol:

I promised myself I'd keep these kinky twists in for 5 weeks, so I've got another 3 weeks left, blah..... Hopefully by then the hair will have arrived and I'll have made an appt. :yep: I'll def be back in Dec with pics!

I've had Indique

Trust me you won't be disappointed. I bought this, used it a million times and it never got old and looked and felt GORGEOUS! It looks amazingly authentic, it's expensive as hell but is very re-usable. You'll need 2 tubes (I know), consider it an investment, lol! BTW, unless you're doing invisible braids or your hair is close to this, or you want to curl everyday the bang in the picture will NOT cut it as far as blending natural hair - I just know.

Also, there's Erena, their "Natural Curl" is 2nd to this:

http://erenahaircenters.com/new/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=5

The picture absolutely doesn't do it justice, it's not that limp and you can request a sample. HTH!

just when I thought ONYC hair was the answer... I see this, too! More vids for me to research, :yay: ... I swear sometimes I really love hair. This thread for me is worth the year subscription, so I wont be walking around with walk looking hair. lol. Thanks for the new info!

Also try Halley's Creole Curly, they're having a decent sale

http://www.halleyscurls.com/store/page34.html

or the Creole Wavy

http://www.halleyscurls.com/store/page41.html

or the Natural Curl which is my favorite:

http://www.halleyscurls.com/store/page43.html

The picture is terrible and looks nothing like the product which is awesome small curls.

In my experience and others, they have been known to state length at 20" when it's really 18" so I would order up. The quality of extension hair is really good, order a sample. Halley's sells closures as well, though I've never bought one and in the past people have had fightin' words to say about their closures and customer service. I've read great reviews on the Kinky curly closure from All About My Hair, I loved the kinky-curly extensions from their too but it may not fit your style:

http://www.allaboutmyhair.com/Store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=784

Good Luck!

Gorgeous hair!! But why is the stylist brushing through that wet, curly hair so rough?

http://shop.indiquehair.com/indique/CommerceActionPath.do?method=showProductDetails&productID=56

idk, but she didn't seem in pain like some videos I've seen of moms yanking through their kids hair. lol. And I went on the Indique Bounce collection website -- why is the hair out of stock? I sent an email and this was the response:

"We are currently testing all of our inventory for the organic curl as we are having manufacturing issues with the hair."

That sucks, because I was interested in them AND the ONYC. Now I have no choice but to go with the ONYC. Hope it works!

All of those are so nice! I freakin love big hair.

I impulsively bought the ONYC mongolian kinky curly 3b/3c 14" yesterday, so that's what I'm going to use first. If I don't like the install though (which I hope I do, the hair isn't cheap lol) I'm def going to get a wig next time. I don't think that the boyfriend likes wigs very much butttttt it would be so much easier to take off and take care of the hair underneath.

@Pierrot girl you know your hair!!! I really love the indique hair. I also like the haley's hair! Do you have any pics you care to share?

Yea, she really does, right? LHCF for the win!

All of those are so nice! I freakin love big hair.

I impulsively bought the ONYC mongolian kinky curly 3b/3c 14" yesterday, so that's what I'm going to use first. If I don't like the install though (which I hope I do, the hair isn't cheap lol) I'm def going to get a wig next time. I don't think that the boyfriend likes wigs very much butttttt it would be so much easier to take off and take care of the hair underneath.

Good luck with the ONYC I've seen some NICE fotki results, so I think you'll probably love it! And yeah, I know this stuff is never cheap, smh....

@Pierrot girl you know your hair!!! I really love the indique hair. I also like the haley's hair! Do you have any pics you care to share?

Thank you! I wish I did have pics, for some reason I never bother to take any when I have my installs :ohwell: which I truly regret bc I've had some really good ones if I do say so myself :grin: but I'm about to do a 'hide your hair' and am waiting for Black Friday in order to pick up an AAMH kinky curly wig and will definitely post then. And gurl, that Indique hair is no joke, it was worth the cost IMO.

Back