Paul Mitchell Super-Charged Moisturizer---Review

HOTCHOCOLATE

Hi Ladies,

I washed and did a Hennalucent Neutral this morning. I did not add any oils to the Hennalucent and left it on for 2 hrs. After rinsing out the Hennalucent, my hair felt very dry and brittle. I decided to try out Paul Mitchell Super-Charged Moisturizer (purchased yesterday PJ 6.8OZ--$10.95). I thought about mixing it with EVOO, but didn't, I wanted a true comparsion between this and my BELOVED Moisturfuse.

AND THE WINNER IS ---------Paul Mitchell Super-Charged Moisturizer.
up.gif
up.gif
I applied the SCM and left it on for one hour with a self heating cap. When I rinsed it out my very dry and brittle hair was soft and moisturized and I did not have as many tangles. To get a similar affect with Moisturfuse, I would have to add EVOO or Shea Butter. So, SCM is now my fav and Moisturfuse( the original) is my back-up.
grin.gif

This is one of my staples. I love it. It works well as a leave in when I do curls. I use it alone and with the Smooth and Sleek(Pantene). It always moisturizes my hair. I'm on tube # 4.

Now c'mon guys. Y'all aint right! You know this item is on my "What Product Are You Dying to Try" list on that other thread AND I'm on the May Challenge How could you guys torture me like this!!!
poke.gif
whyme.gif

June 1st is soooooooo far away.
frown.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
JenJen2721 said:
Now c'mon guys. Y'all aint right! You know this item is on my "What Product Are You Dying to Try" list on that other thread AND I'm on the May Challenge How could you guys torture me like this!!!
poke.gif
whyme.gif

June 1st is soooooooo far away.
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry, it will still be on the market in June
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

pebbles said:
Hot dog!!
laugh.gif
Luckily I bought some yesterday to try out during the month. I can't wait!!
trampoline.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
"hot dog..." Girl I ain't heard that one in a long time....
that was cute...
laugh.gif

pebbles said:
LOL, I'm dating myself, aren't I?!
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
And I'm dating myself(since I remember hearing it...)
laugh.gif

pebbles said:
Hot dog!!
laugh.gif
Luckily I bought some yesterday to try out during the month. I can't wait!!
trampoline.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No fair Pebbles!!! ***crossing my arms, huffing and pouting****
swearing.gif

Re: Paul Mitchell Super-Charged Moisturizer---Revi

I bought this conditioner and I'm not really crazy about it. It has cones but it has the tendency to leave my hair a little hard. I didn't want to waste my money, since I paid $10 or $12 for it, so I mix other conditioners into it. Plus, I use Profectiv Break Free - the thin formula in the pink tub - which helps to soften it. I'm glad it works well for you, HotChocolate, but I won't be buying it again when it's done. Just goes to show that what works for one doesn't work for everyone.
smile.gif

HOTCHOCOLATE said:
I washed and did a Hennalucent Neutral this morning. I did not add any oils to the Hennalucent and left it on for 2 hrs. After rinsing out the Hennalucent, my hair felt very dry and brittle.

[/ QUOTE ]
I left the hennalucent on my hair for 30 minutes.

Re: Paul Mitchell Super-Charged Moisturizer---Revi

Kitkat said:
I bought this conditioner and I'm not really crazy about it. It has cones but it has the tendency to leave my hair a little hard. I didn't want to waste my money, since I paid $10 or $12 for it, so I mix other conditioners into it. Plus, I use Profectiv Break Free - the thin formula in the pink tub - which helps to soften it. I'm glad it works well for you, HotChocolate, but I won't be buying it again when it's done. Just goes to show that what works for one doesn't work for everyone.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
The first time I used it, I felt the same way. It remained in my products graveyard for about 6 months. Then I mixed with some oils and used it as a leave in when I wear my hair naturally curly...worked great. It may be too heavey as a leave in for relaxed hair. Another time I left it in overnight mixed with a little olive oil and the next morning my hair was very moisturized.... I was gonna return it but then it worked out.

pebbles said:
LOL! Don't worry Jen, the month will fly by before you know it, (I think!)
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy for you to say, Pebbles! You got it already! But, do me a favor, 'kay? Post your review and results with this product as soon as you use it! Please?!?
angel.gif
Let me know if you give it a
up.gif
or a
down.gif

That would make me feel better.
smile.gif

TIA,
Jen

Allandra said:
HOTCHOCOLATE said:
I washed and did a Hennalucent Neutral this morning. I did not add any oils to the Hennalucent and left it on for 2 hrs. After rinsing out the Hennalucent, my hair felt very dry and brittle.

[/ QUOTE ]
I left the hennalucent on my hair for 30 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

2 hours might be too long
shocked.gif
, but when I did the Hennalucent last week (30 min) I didn't notice any difference. This time I go more shine to my natural color.

Post your review and results with this product as soon as you use it! Please?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure JenJen. As soon as I use it, I'll let you guys know what I think of it.
cool.gif

I heart moisturfuse, it melts my hair into amazement.

paul mitchell eh hmmmm. nope clicking out of this thread, attempting not to be a pj for the new year lmao!

I used this today as I had it in my stash and hadn't used it for MONTHS! Well, I LOVE it! I used it as directed (leave in for 3-5mins and rinse) I never thought of using it a leave in or DCing with it. I have 2 bottles of PM Surpercharged and I gotta use it up in 20Ten so I'll try to use it in these ways too and see how it turns out.

I used PM conditoner and shampoo last night (I'm 12 week post-relaxer) and I could just feel the tangles melt upon appying the conditioner. I was going to deep condition with it but I decided to rinse it out after bathing. Roller-setting was a breeze and my hair dried so smooth although I did apply a pea-sized amount of Silicone Mix leave-in and Silk2.

I hadn't used it in years and wonder why I ever stopped in the first place...

I've returned to several Paul Mitchell Products I've used in the Past (and also a few Nexxus Products).

The Conditioner and I've also acquired SuperCharged, The Masque and The Repair Treatment.:grin:

I like this one too, I like almost every Paul Mitchell product I've tried so far. I will never be without The Conditioner.

Back