Passport to Beauty

BeautifulFlower

Passport to Beauty...Coconut Oil and Cranberry Rinses?

Has any one purchased this book? I have and I like it alot. It talks about all different techniques and methods women all around the globe use to ger the hair, skin, and overall health they have.

http://www.shalinivadhera.com/html/

She is the author of the book. She is American-Indian and we all know Indian women some of the thickest and longest hair ever.

Below is a beauty secret she posted on her site: http://www.shalinivadhera.com/html/tips_and_trends/beauty_secrets/

HAIR

Indian women are known for their thick, long, lush hair. This is something that I grew up doing as well as watching my grandmother do for years.

Coconut oil is the trick to getting full, thick, shiny hair. It’s also great to help strengthen hair if your hair is thinning. The women in India do a hot oil scalp massage once a week. Heat some up in a bowl and give yourself a scalp massage once a week. Sleep with it on and wash in the morning! It will help seal the cuticle and rid those split ends not to mention making your hair thick and healthy.

Spanish women are all about the cocktail! The Cranberry Cocktail!!! Women in Spain are known for their magnificent coloring and hair. They use cranberry juice as their final rinse on their hair to give them those fabulous natural highlights! They take 1/4 cup cranberry juice mixed with a 1/4 cup of water and use as a final rinse. If you’re blonde, make sure you use lemon juice instead of cranberry or your hair might change color!

Now another favorite grocery store must have of mine is Kosher Salt. Coarse Kosher salt mixed with a little shampoo is a great exfoliating hair treatment. This will remove any build up from product and make your hair shine! I usually make a little container of it and keep it in the shower. I love it! This is also great to give your hair extra volume!

Anyway, if you care to, check it out.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this. I was checking this out awhile back, but it will give me something more to look at. Indian women have some of the most beautiful hair I've ever laid eyes on and I am always looking for some of their secrets. I recently forced myself to start using Vatika Oil on a regular basis. Amla oil isn't all that bad, just the smell gets overwhelming sometimes. I promised myself that I would start using Indian oils on a more regular basis. This should be interesting though. Thanks again!!

Back