Pantothenic Acid and break outs

Wanda

I recently started back taking Pantothenic Acid and L-Cysteine vitamins and I started breaking out again on my face. I only drink water(never drank sodas),so I know that's not the problem. Is there anything else I can take/do to prevent the breakouts? I really do want to keep taking the B-5 because I've heard such rave reviews. Please Help!!!!

Oh my! Now I thought B-5 is supposed to be good for our skin. I am taking B-5 and was wondering exactly how much to take. I break out too but only once a month at period time.

Biotin caused me to break out something fierce. First I stopped taking it totally until my skin cleared back up, then I started back on a reduced dose and drinking nothing but water. Then I gradually increased the dose and also increased my water intake along with it.

[ QUOTE ]
karezone said:
Biotin caused me to break out something fierce.

[/ QUOTE ]
I stopped taking biotin too. It didn't cause me to break out, but it made my already very oily skin even oilier. I certainly didn't need that.
nono.gif

i think you just need to give it about a week or so. When I first restarted the B5, I broke out. I thought my pregnancy hormones were turning me into a witch! *blank stare* But, um, *clears throat*, I'm all better now...I mean..my skin is all better. *blinks eyes*

B5 is actually known to cure acne. When I first started taking it (1000 mg/day), my skin cleared up, became less oily, and glowed.
smile.gif
Try upping your water intake and lowering the dose for a week. Then up your dose incrementally and find a dose where you're not breaking out. Good luck.

Ya, my face broke out something awful too, and I never have break outs. It's in th e process of clearing up. I just simply stopped taking any hair vitamins until my face comes back to it's normal state. then I can continue to slowly start my regimen back under strict supervision.

So that is why I am breaking out! I started breaking out too. Maybe I will cut out biotin and b-5 vitamins all together!

Lee the B5 actually helps with break outs. It may be the Biotin. You may just need to increase you water intake or take Vit C with it (500mg).

Leigh

It could be the cysteine detoxifying your system. Are you taking it by itself, with meals, or with other supplements.

Leigh

Back