Pantene Relaxed & Natural Conditioner not working anymore

jada1111

I guess it's the cyclopentaxilane(sp?) ingredient, because my hair's been looking crappy lately.

It still continues to detangle really well, but I can't use it as a leave-in and I notice that my hair doesn't look the same when I let it airdry. There's also a bit of breakage near my edges. Even though I can't contribute this to the conditioner, I'm going to stop using it anyway.

Anyone else stopped using this conditioner? If so, what did you replace it with?

UPDATE: On second thought, I'm starting to believe it might be Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Shampoo. My hair began to slowly look and act weird at about the same time I started using it. Maybe it's not the Pantene. I've been using the Pantene conditioner for several months with no problem. Hair always looked fab. After a thorough clarifying poo, I'm going to back to my regular shampoo, continue to use the Pantene and see what happens. Will post an update in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
The Relaxed and Natural line has never worked well for me. :nono: I've gone back and forth with several conditioners since I stopped using R&N, but I found that Pantene's other conditioners (their hair masques and fortifying treatments come to mind) did the trick for my hair. ;)

I'm sorry it stopped working for you. I've never been a huge fan of that line.

I do have a funny story about this, though. I was at my boyfriend's mother's house (she's from Sweden and English isn't her first language), I saw that she had the Pantene's Relaxed and Natural line in her bathroom. I giggled to myself, thinking that she had bought it for me (she knows that I'm a huge PJ).

Anyway, I thanked her for the shampoo and conditioner, and she laughed, and said it wasn't for me, but that she'd buy me some. I explained to her that it was meant for AA hair, and she was SO confused. She told me that it said "for Women of Color" on the bottle, and she assumed that meant "for women with colored hair".

I still tease her about that to this day.

Sorry to hijack your post but I had to share.

Have you clarified? I would not write it off until I clarified. If it still is not working after that then stop using it

I'm sorry it stopped working for you. I've never been a huge fan of that line.

I do have a funny story about this, though. I was at my boyfriend's mother's house (she's from Sweden and English isn't her first language), I saw that she had the Pantene's Relaxed and Natural line in her bathroom. I giggled to myself, thinking that she had bought it for me (she knows that I'm a huge PJ).

Anyway, I thanked her for the shampoo and conditioner, and she laughed, and said it wasn't for me, but that she'd buy me some. I explained to her that it was meant for AA hair, and she was SO confused. She told me that it said "for Women of Color" on the bottle, and she assumed that meant "for women with colored hair".

I still tease her about that to this day.

Sorry to hijack your post but I had to share.

Funny the same thing happened to my German friend!!! I still joke with her about it to this day! :grin:

i've used it and it 'works', in that it gives with great slip.. but i think ultimately its a lil drying JMO.. the r&n deep condish mask i think is better.. but i agree with pp that clarifying first might be neccesary..

I have several jars of this purchased because someone posted it was going to be discontinued a while back. I found that its good to use to mix in my henna batches... I have enough to make a lot of batches.

I have several jars of this purchased because someone posted it was going to be discontinued a while back. I found that its good to use to mix in my henna batches... I have enough to make a lot of batches.

OT -Does mixing henna with conditioner cause less colour deposit?

That stuff coats like nobody's business!

It's good when you use it with the Clairol Textures & Tones color that comes with it...and use it only at that time.

Otherwise it's too clogging. Be sure to clarify.

I stopped using but it was still working. I just want to find those staple products that do wonders for my hair so I'm experimenting.

I'm almost finished with Nature's Gate Pomagrante (however its spelled :huh:). I'm also using Mane N Tail for protein. There are so many to try!!!!

Have you clarified? I would not write it off until I clarified. If it still is not working after that then stop using it

Yes. I figured this might be the problem, but my hair still isn't acting the way I want.

I updated my original post saying that it's probably Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Shampoo and not the Pantene R&N conditioner. I bought the shampoo to match the Olive Fruit Oil Repairative Hair Pak conditioner which is the BOMB! This conditioner makes my hair feel beautifully soft and it lasts awhile. I thought the shampoo would be good too, but after reading a few reviews on makeupalley I think not. It might be drying out my hair and dulling my dark hair. We'll see in a couple of weeks when I stop using it and go back to my other shampoo.

Thanks everyone for your help and advice! :yep:

Last edited:
Back