Pantene Relaxed and Natural - Good or Bad?

Connie

Has anyone ever used this shampoo and conditioner, or any of Pantene's products? Share your experiences, if you don't mind. I currently use Soft Sheen Optimum Care Shampoo and Conditioner, but as I transition out of the relaxer, I may need to change. What shampoos/moisturizers/conditioners have worked for you?

I'm natual and I use pantene's hydrating curl line of products and sometimes the smooth and sleek conditioner. I love it! My mom uses the r&n moisturizer and I think she enjoys what it does for her hair. You should probably do a search and you may find more comments on it.

I have used Pantene's R&N and thought it was ok. It didn't really seem any different than the Pantene that comes in the white bottles. However, now that I use salon products only, for me the difference is too great and I will never use Pantene or any other drugstore sham/cond. again. Try makeupalley.com, they should have reviews.
wink.gif

I used the moisturizer from the R&N line, and I did not like it. I also tried the Wrap and set lotion and did not find anything special about it. These products are definetly not on my to buy list.

For the Pantene R&N Shampoo..I would say BAD
nono.gif
and my reasoning for this is because it contains PETROLEUM. I've used it a couple times when it first came out and it was waayyyy too heavy. The conditioner is okay, it's the same as there Hydrating Curls conditioner except it has Jojoba in it.
smile.gif

I use the Relaxed and Natural Daily Oil Cream and I love it. This is the only thing that literally "relaxes" my hair straight when I have alot of new growth and I want that sleek looking ponytail. Its also good for braidouts,it provides ALOT of shine.

Tee Tee

I love the shampoo.. I haven't used the conditioner. The shampoo is very moisturising to me. I love it.

I've used both the shampoo and conditioner and they're great...for me at least. Some of the best drug store products I've ever used, second only to NTM.

I use it on my daughter's natural hair and it works great. I love the conditioner. It really detangles her hair. I also use their conditioner for my relaxed hair for co washes. It works great. I added a lil' olive oil to it too.

I've been using Pantene R&N for about three months now. I like it so far. I know I like it better than Creme of Nature. I really like the conditioner. It detangles my hair nicely and adds shine to it (i am skeptical about it containing mineral oil though) So far, no bad experiences.

I tried the Pantene R&N shampoo it made my hair hard and tangled mess.
My hair loves the Pantene Full & Thick conditioner evens soften my new growth I can even comb thru it.

I don't like it. I had the bottles for about a year before I finally said this stuff is crap. It is a little to heavy for my fine hair. I like NTM. Now that stuff I will repurchase.

I have Pantene R&N Daily Oil Cream Moisturizer. It does a great job moisturizing my hair and makes my hair feel soft. You cant use too much of this stuff because it can make your hair look a mess. After I use it all up, I probably wont buy it again only because this is the second moisturizer I ever used and I think oils work better on my hair than lotion like moisturizers.

Bad. I hated the Oil Moisturizer, Shampoo, and Setting Lotion. The conditioner is okay, but I wouldn't buy it again.

I like the R&N a lot.
smile.gif
My first choice is the daily Moisture Renewal. Then the R&N. Then the Smooth and Sleek. I don't like any of the Pantene shampoos.

i hated the Relaxed and natural shampoo. The second ingredient is petroleum. I didn't notice that until i washed my cousin's hair with it and there was this big blog of grease in her hair were i put the shampoo. it wouldn't rinse out so i grabbed a clarifying shampoo to get all that mess out. Who the hell puts petroleum as the second ingredient in shampoo anyway. I don't know about the conditioner though.

[ QUOTE ]
bellydancer said:
i hated the Relaxed and natural shampoo. The second ingredient is petroleum. I didn't notice that until i washed my cousin's hair with it and there was this big blog of grease in her hair were i put the shampoo. it wouldn't rinse out so i grabbed a clarifying shampoo to get all that mess out. Who the hell puts petroleum as the second ingredient in shampoo anyway. I don't know about the conditioner though.

[/ QUOTE ]

same thing i thought when i found out

I have this and both the shampoo and conditioner worked really well in my hair. I've tried the setting lotion, its okay but I still prefer Isoplus Wrapping & Setting lotion over it.

Thanks for all your replies. I tried both the shampoo and conditioner today and the shampoo did seem harder to rinse out than Soft Sheen's Optimum. However, my hair didn't feel any different afterwards.

I'm getting the impression that shampoos with petroleum and mineral oil are bad for natural hair but okay for relaxed hair or both?

I don't think that it's ok for eithertye of hair. Shampoo is supposed to clean your hair and get at least some dirt and product off... even if it's gentle.

It sounds like this isn't doing that, but it's depositing petroleum... something that is very hard to wash out and can block moisture from getting into your hair.

Sounds pretty dumb that someone would puut it in there....

Pantene R&N conditioner made my hair a tangled mess. I prefer the Smooth and Slick and the Full & Thick line. The softness, moisture and slip is awesome.

I am a 3c and i think that the conditioner was pretty good, gave me some slick, but i do recommend that you use some type of oil for it and I am going to try the shampoo tonight and ill tell u about it 2morrow.

Back