Pantene Relaxed and Natural Conditioner vs. ORS Replenishing Pak

Type 4a/b hair, which is better as a deep protein conditioner?

• Never Used Either One

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Barbara

Princess
Pantene Relax and Natural vs. ORS Replenishing Pak

Type 4a/b members, which is better as a deep conditioner?

Last edited:
I've used Pantene R&N's regular conditioner and was not impressed. I haven't used the ORS replenishing pack but a bunch of their other products (including the ORS hair mayo) and have been very impressed. ORS over Pantene, any day. :bouncy:

i didn't know the Pantene R & N masque was protein. it couldn't be.. because my hair likes that mask and hates protein.

I'm pretty sure the Pantene mask is a moisture mask, it certainly doesn't feel like it's protein at all, so it's like comparing apples with oranges really.

I use both as moisturizing DCs, although i think ORS is a light protein. I like Pantene just because it smells better, but it can work TOO well sometimes and leave me with mushy hair. But now that ORS comes in the huge salon sized bottle, i've been using it more. Plus it's harder to find the Pantene mask in drugstores.

Last edited:
I was gonna say I kinda thought ORS replenishing was somewhat a moisturizing conditioner. Atleast thats what I've been using it as. Uh-oh, cause I use Mega-tek or Joico K-pak right before I use that, thinking it was moisturizing conditioner to keep my moisture/protein balance on track. I haven't experiened any problems with doing this.....
I've never used Pantene so I can't comment on that.....

Id have to say Pantene. It really softened my hair. The ORS doesn't compare really. I am speaking as far as condtioning goes because apparently they are two different kinds of condish.

ORS is ok though. It's jus when I use it I don't notice anything spectacular. But Pantene I could immediatly feel the softness.

I thought I was hearing PR&N was hard to find but I see it all the time in wal mart and Walgreens. Must just be certain areas.

I read somewhere that Pantene is a protein conditioner. Oops! I guess that's not correct. I've seen plenty at Walmart, Target, and drug stores in Los Angeles. Sometimes they have a few jars left; then the next few weeks, the shelves have more. The price is $4.69 to $4.99.

If products are being discontinued (as I heard early last year), I wouldn't know it because they're easy to find in Los Angeles. That's why I don't exclude them from my discussion threads. I stocked up for nothing on the Cream of Nature (detangling/moisturizing) shampoo, because my stylist prefers to use it on my hair. I hope they don't go bad on me. I have ten 32 ounce bottles, and there's still a lot in the stores left including the red and blue labels. That's also true for Soft Sheen Carson Breakthru shampoo.

Last edited:
Pantene Relaxed & Natural Breakage Defense Mask works great for my hair. I used the ORS Replenishing Pak once and it did not do anything for my hair.

I guess there's no need for me to buy Pantene then since I have ORS Replenishing Pak. That's just one less conditioner I can scratch off my list. Thanks ladies! :yep:

Pantene Relaxed & Natural is a moisture DC. I tried both, I think ORS Pak was better. I can't remember too well since it was sometime last year.

As far as Pantene being discontinued, we're pretty much :deadhorse:... I think there's a super thread out there if anyone's interested in looking.

In my area, drugstores don't carry the R&N mask and BSS's bumped up the price to $10 per jar. Sometimes I'm willing to take accessibility over quality.

I think their both just "ok"...Since using Silk Elements Moisturizing Treatment, their both collecting dust in the back of my closet. I thought ORS was light protein:look:...for that I use AO GBP.

I've never seen the Pantene relaxed and natural mask. I use the regular pantene masks and I like them a lot. They're very moisturizing.

I haven't tried ORS yet.

I absolutely cannot stretch my relaxer without my ORS...it leaves my hair soft and easy to de-tangle

I tried to do it with pantene but it didnt quite work out so well... maybe i will give it another try....

Back