Pantene R&N Wrap & Set Lotion = Crispy, Hard Hair?

inthepink

I usually use this product as a leave-in after I wash my hair and on the nights following to set my ends on perm rods. A few times now I have noticed that my hair seems a little crispy.
confused.gif

For example, the other night, I wanted to try setting my hair on perm rods all over. So, I lightly sprayed the length and then rolled it. My hair was so crispy, crunchy the next day. I then used it last night to set my ends on perm rods as I usually do and today my hair is crispy and my ends are even crispier!
ohwell.gif

Has anyone else had this problem? I am washing my hair tonite but I won't be using this product.
nono.gif

No I havent noticed this hairlove..But you know what? I had oil mixed in with it. Ive never tried it alone

Re: Pantene R&N Wrap & Set Lotion = Crispy, Hard H

Say it ain't so! I was planning to use this tonight or tomorrow when I air dry!!

The only problem I've noticed is that spraying too much on my hair for rollersetting has left my hair feeling coated.

There is now way it made your hair crispy, maybe there was something slightly different that u did that u may have unnoticed. Have u clarified lately protein overload?.........just some things to think about.

[ QUOTE ]
PrettyBrownEyes said:
Say it ain't so! I was planning to use this tonight or tomorrow when I air dry!!

The only problem I've noticed is that spraying too much on my hair for rollersetting has left my hair feeling coated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed this when I sprayed to much too, A lil bit of this goes a long way for me

I noticed it as well. I wasn't suprised tho - because I think of it as a setting lotion and not a leave in.

I just used, I mean just got from under the dryer 30 minutes ago. My hair is soft and not crispy at all.

I bought this product about 3 months ago. I used it 2x and got crispy results. I didn't like it at all. I wish I could take it back.

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
I noticed it as well. I wasn't suprised tho - because I think of it as a setting lotion and not a leave in.

[/ QUOTE ]

that whats weird though it has the exact same ingredients as the regular leave in just with coconut and jojoba oil

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:

[/ QUOTE ]

that whats weird though it has the exact same ingredients as the regular leave in just with coconut and jojoba oil

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, that's why I was thinking about trying it as a leave-in when I air dry since I heard that's basically what it is.

I can use R&N Wrap & Set Lotion only as a leave-in when I'm wearing a wash 'n go. I tried three times to use it with a rollerset and my hair always came out sticky
crazy.gif

Are you sure? Because I see fixatives in mine that I don't remember being in the leave in.... I could be wrong though. I have used the leave in in a looooog time.

I hadn't originally thought to use it as a leave-in either until I read reviews here so I thought I'd give it a try. Generally, it's worked ok for me. For instance, using it just once as a leave in...but it's like, I can't use it a second day whereas with the other Pantene leave-ins, I can use them as much as I want without any crispiness. Maybe there is something in this product that means you can't use it more than one time between washings??

PrettyBrownEyes, I used CD Hair Milk in the length that was rolled also but not reapplied...from the day before.

I used this for my last rollerset for the first time and was happy with it. It left my hair very soft.

I never had that problem, in fact this is the one liquid leave-in/setting lotion and enjoyed.

I only use this product once a week (before drying), because a little does go a long way. I use my other leave-in daily or as needed.

I have never had any success using a liquid leave-in...I get the crunchy thing too. Maybe I was using too much, but I ended up tossing it out any way.

When I bought it I thought I was buying a leave in. I guess I picked up the wrong thing or something. So do they have a regular leave in cond? I guess I will stick with my Infusium 23 and 911.

Back