Pantene R & N vs. Clairol Daily Renewal Hydrating(long)

alireno

Yesterday I washed my hair with the Pantene R & N line and today I washed with the Clairol Daily Renewal Hydrating line. Well yesterday after using the Pantene R & N shampoo, I noticed that my hair was feeling stringy, limp, and almost greasy. After using the conditioner, my hair did not really improve much. Then after I rinsed out the conditioner, I used the Pantene R & N Oil Cream Moisturizer. As my hair dried, it looked dry and frizzy. My hair was looking really crazy! Quickly I reached for my Profectiv Long n Healthy and my hair looked 100% better. Today I tried washing with Clairol Daily Renewal Hydrating line. I noticed the difference right away. The shampoo made my hair feel really soft. The conditioner made my hair feel very smooth and silky. Then I used the leave-in conditioner. My comb was gliding through my hair. I used some Elasta QP Mango butter to help moisturize. As my hair dried, it was shiny and wavy. This is how my hair feels about Pantene R & N
mad.gif
and this is how my hair feels about Clairol Daily Renewal
grin.gif

The oil cream moisturizer is starting to grow old on me
ohwell.gif
, i guess WGO is my true calling. I agree that the mango butter is slightly better than the oil cream (IMO).
I'm making the trip to rite aid as we speak to pick up some clairol 5x.. BTW what is the name of the condit you are using???? is it the hydrating mask or the dry/damaged condit?

<font color="purple">I would use the Renewal 5X line also. I like to say this, and we all do respect other opinions, Pantene R &amp; N will not do well with the sales. They need to improve the ingredients more, if they intend to be on the shelves. But I don't think so. Throw the R &amp; N in the trash. Thumbs
down.gif
. Keep the Renewal 5X. Thumbs
up.gif
. </font>

Alireno,

Especially as a 2b, I am glad you posted your experience. In the past, I never had luck with Pantene shampoos...very drying and the conditioners were okay, but nothing great. I have not used any Pantene in years and definitely will not be starting. I do think as so many of the ladies here have either implied or stated the Pantene line for women of color is just marketing hype and the ingredients as Baby Curls noted definitely need improvement. The vast majority of the women at this site try to avoid most of the ingredients in some of their products.

With Clairol hair products generally in the past, I always had good luck. As you know, of late, I've basically rediscovered so many of the new products they have started to offer.

I'm glad that you commented on the shampoo leaving your hair so soft and nice. Same thing with Baby Curls because it is one I would like to try out later this summer.

I can tell you this. I would be extremely curious to see how as a 2b you like the Intensive Hydrating Treatment in the Renewal 5x line. I bought this several weeks ago, tried it on the last 4-6" on my hair and I was surprised by the results only in view of the fact that I had already given raves to the HE Intensive Blends Conditioning Balm. My results were quite different with the Renewal 5x deep conditioner. My ends felt like I had been treated to a protein treatment rather than a hydrating/moisturizing treatment. After I used it, I slapped on a moisturizing treatment. My ends felt "thready", not silky soft. I will likely use the tube periodically to finish it off, but will not be purchasing again.

~Jade~

Back