"PANTENE made my HAIR FALL OUT!"

I imagine that she had an allergic reaction. Placing the blame on SLS seems to be in error. I wonder if there is more to this story; however, Pantene does lack in quality.

My heart goes out to her.

I remember reading about this just yesterday, wasn't sure whether to post it here, but I guess you beat me to it OP. That's quite shocking what happened to her, but I was thinking it must be an allergic reaction. Also, I agree her hair did look quite damaged already in the before picture.

OMG f*** pantene!!! They need to be sued greedy no good dogs! I always hated pantene anyway. What is wrong with these people making these awful products with all these side effects hurting innocent people. Lying to us telling us that it is safe our safest bet is to use only organic products and research product ingredients.

im not too sure i believe this lady i dont think a shampoo can do a damage like that in a couple of days. something is missing from this story and i hope she is smart enough to keep some of that shampoo in a seperate bottle before sending it back to the company

I agree with that there's more to her hairloss side of the story than what we know. At the least Pantene should "look into" her situation and offer more than a cheap voucher.

IOW they should put their money where their mouth is. Whether she's a fake or not (use the publicity) try to make ammends and address her "hair" problem.

Pantene actually works for me...it looks like she had a bad reaction to something in that particular brand of shampoo. Maybe it was contaminated with a hair removal chemical or something. I feel for her and I hope Pantene finds out the problem right away!

I am not a Pantene fan.......at least not anymore, pre LHCF I was using pantene dry damage and my hair was growing great......then it started to break and at the time I did not know about clarifying.

Well on the other hand Pantene is one of the reasons I started looking for help.....so.......maybe I should be glad for the bad experience.

Her hair looks like something else happened.....

She isn't the only one whose hair came out from pantene. I've heard that happen to quite a few ladies before :perplexed

I feel bad for her if her claims are true.

The comments are a trip:

I cannot believe she's trying this. Any fool can see her hair was a mess to start with, and she's just trying to get some money out of Pantene. Oh, wait a minute, now I think of it: my grandfather has been using Pantene for over 10 years, and he is getting bald. Maybe he can get some compensation too?
- Em, the Netherlands, 16/2/2010 09:58

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-tried-new-Pantene-shampoo.html#ixzz0fjr3D3I9

This is a comment from the "victim" (responding to some comments):

This is actually me. This may be weird for me to be commenting on my own story, but i just want to answer a few of the comments people have been putting on this page...
1. the bottle has been sent to pantene for analysis, but i have kept a small amount back incase they dispute it
2. my hair hasnt been bleached of dyed for 4 or 5 years, and was in great condition, i also havent used my straighteners on it for about 3 years as i have been wearing it quite short and its pointless to straighten!
3. a trichologist has contacted me and i will be going to see him, i was very careful when this happened and dragged my hair out of the plughole, which i will be showing him when i see him.
4. why on earth would i put myself through this for compo, im not mental! My hair was a great part of me, now its destroyed my confidence, i dont feel comfotable to work yet, this happened 2 weeks ago btw. The cheap wig im using is horrible too.
- Sophie, peterborough, 15/2/2010 17:24

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-tried-new-Pantene-shampoo.html#ixzz0fjs1nuW2

The Daily Mail readers (like the paper) is harsh at the best of times.

Deleted as posted above has already quoted...

i highly doubt it was the pantene. based on how thin her hair was to begin with, she was probably mishandling it from the start. here's what she probably did:

- just used the shampoo
- did not follow up with a conditioning treatment
- blew her hair dry with a brush
- attempted to heat style her hair

& she probably lathered up Herbal Essences style, & had tons of tangles she ripped out with a brush.

as crappy as pantene products are, i'd have to side with them & assume something fishy's going on. even if she washed her hair with relaxer, if she washed the product out properly, it wouldn't have fallen out in clumps like she described.

OH wow!! Why am I laughing so hard??? I feel horrible. Lemme get out of here.....

I laughed too...there's something about how in the first picture, she's obviously feeling herself and thangs and then in the next one..:nono:. I know it's horrible, but I'm dying!! :lachen::lachen:

That's what I'm saying! Like do people really believe Beyonce dyes her hair with Feria?? I mean come on people (it's a lace front anyways)....:rolleyes:

This. I couldn't even believe it when she started talking about she saw the commercial and thought her hair would look like that.
I stopped believing advertisements when my mom relaxed my hair for the first time and it didn't come out like the girls on the Just For Me box.
From then on, I knew what it was.

How you gonna be 19, and not know that most advertisements are enhanced?
Come on son.

I just don't believe her.

Maybe she got a little brother that put nair in the bottle, or an angry ex

I was thinking the SAME thing. Or maybe some hateful people are going around tampering with shampoo products. It's not hard. Not like the bottles are sealed when they are on the shelf. People do mean things just for entertainment and don't care about the pain their actions can cause.

Wow that looks terrible. I'm standing by pantene esp the R&N breakage defense it makes my hair so soft and easy to detangle

miss peppercorns :giggle:

anyway, we could have an allergic reaction to anything, even if we've used it before. that skin patch test is important. just put some on your arm and see if it falls off. if it does, don't use it. :lol:

This is a comment from the "victim" (responding to some comments):

This is actually me. This may be weird for me to be commenting on my own story, but i just want to answer a few of the comments people have been putting on this page...
1. the bottle has been sent to pantene for analysis, but i have kept a small amount back incase they dispute it
2. my hair hasnt been bleached of dyed for 4 or 5 years, and was in great condition, i also havent used my straighteners on it for about 3 years as i have been wearing it quite short and its pointless to straighten!
3. a trichologist has contacted me and i will be going to see him, i was very careful when this happened and dragged my hair out of the plughole, which i will be showing him when i see him.
4. why on earth would i put myself through this for compo, im not mental! My hair was a great part of me, now its destroyed my confidence, i dont feel comfotable to work yet, this happened 2 weeks ago btw. The cheap wig im using is horrible too.
- Sophie, peterborough, 15/2/2010 17:24

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-tried-new-Pantene-shampoo.html#ixzz0fjs1nuW2

oh for reals? :blush:

Last edited:
Back