Paging the Underprocessed Hair Care Forum

Kitkat

Rayne, I noticed in a post that you have six wrapping cremes (that's pretty bad!) /images/graemlins/grin.gif. Anyway, my question is, how do you wrap your hair? Do you do a wet or dry wrap? I know that you and a few other ladies have some of the same hair issues as me regarding being underprocessed. For this reason, I never thought that I could successfully wrap my hair, so I never tried. My hair is so wavy when it's wet that I just don't think it will work. If any of you ladies have any suggestions, it would be great. Thanks! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I just stick with Roller setting. It's much healthier for my hair. I believe my hair is too thick at the crown to successfully wet wrap it.

The only time I've wrapped was right after my touch up, but she had flatironed my hair straight and once after a roller set. I didn't care for it to much after the roller set - my hair is still to frizzy on the ends. And the flat iron thing is out...can't stand the smell of pressed/flatironed hair on me. Besides didn't dig the heat. I think once I grow out this no-lye hair it will wrap nicely when wet.

Roller setting shouldn't leave your ends frizzy. Try when roller setting, ensuring that your ends are dripping wet with water and a moisturizing conditioner.

KitKat, when I went home yesterday and I counted 7 wrapping lotions! /images/graemlins/blush.gif It's amazing how they add up! I usually do wet wraps after I shampoo and then dry wrap every night...ok, let me stop lying I do them whenever I'm not being lazy /images/graemlins/tongue.gif
I forgot to tell you guys that I tried re-perming my hair. I washed my hair two days before perming it (I got that tip from some web site) and on the day I permed it I based my scalp. I used the Fabulaxer Lye perm in Super. I used Super because it said that it was for resistant hair. Anyway, my hair was still underprocessed, but it still took better than my previous perms. Anyway since my hair is somewhat straighter now, I decided to wrap my hair after I washed it last night. Well, let's just say that this morning I looked like a wavy version of cousin It /images/graemlins/mad.gif I think this is partly due to the fact that my hair was semi-dry when i started. When I wash again on Sunday, this time I'm going to try wrapping my hair again, but I'm going to do it while my hair is soaking wet. Hopefully that will make a difference. Oh, I also tried doing the roller wrap twice. The first time I guess the wrap lotion (Motions Foam. I have to throw that stuff away ASAP!!!) was too strong because my hair was hard and it broke off when I tried to comb the curls out. The second time I tried it, I only let my hair partially dry before wrapping it. I guess I took the rollers out too soon because the roots were still puffy. /images/graemlins/confused.gif So, if wrapping the hair while soaking wet doesn't work, I'll guess I am going to just stick with the ponytail method until my hair starts acting right again /images/graemlins/crazy.gif Did that answer your question? I was so busy rambling that I forgot what you had asked! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Back