Paging Sweetcocoa

MSCHICHI

I didn't want to hijack your other thread, so I'm asking you here.

Is there any way I can get the link for your hair butter recipe?

TIA /images/graemlins/smile.gif

No problem. It's also in my Hair Journal -
http://www.geocities.com/sweetc0c0/Sweetcocoa_page.html

My shea/oil butter recipe...

4 oz of shea butter(unrefined)- melted in microwave...or in a glass measuring cup set in a pot of water that was boiled first...the microwave is quicker.
to which I added the following -
1 tablespoon of amla oil
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 talbespoon of castor oil
1 tablespoon of almond oil
10 drops of rosemary oil
1 tablespoon of aloe vera oil
I put it in the refrigerator to harden. Then take it out and let it come to room temperature. It should be nice and creamy(or if you prefer leave it hardened...works both ways). This is very rich so a little goes a long way. I only apply it to my hair. Works best on damp hair.

Thank you!!!!

You know I started to look at the hair journal to find it, and didn't /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I was also looking for the other recipe you had, the one with the avocado butter. I think it would be phenomenal for my ends. Do you still have that one?

Sorry if I'm bugging you, but you know you have the bomb recipes /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I never had an avocado one(sounds good though). Maybe you could do a post about it. If I find it I'll let you know.

Awwww /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Maybe I'm just losing my mind.

I thought you posted that one as an ingredient under a post entitled "new and improved recipe," or something to that effect. I remember several people commenting on a post about one of your newer recipes. Also, it wasn't at the board format that we are currently at. I think it was the last one or the one before that.

Maybe it had mango in it.

Does that ring a bell?

Ah ha!!

I totally forgot that I saved it. I went digging for it, in some other info I had and found it. This is the other recipe you posted. It wasn't the avocado butter, it had the oil, I mixed it up. Can you save it to your hair journal for other people?

(starts off with the same instructions for melting the 4oz of shea butter first)

2 teaspoons of amla oil
1 tablespoon of castor oil
1 tablespoon of almond oil
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of avocado oil
10 drops of rosemary oil

I am trying to come up with a very thick, moisturizing oil/butter mix for my ends. I am going to use some of the same ingredients and some shea butter, only I am going to experiement with others, like the avocado butter. I'll let you know how it turns out.

P.S. Are you ever able to find your butter at the local heath food store, or do you have to get it online?

It's already in the journal(you have to scroll down to the bottom). I also added aloe vera oil to the recipe...but you don't have to. You can 'tweek' it to fit your taste(such as more or less shea butter..or different oils). I got my last batch of shea butter from Natures Wild child. If I find the link I'll post it.

Back