Paging Sistaslick

gymfreak336

Hey Lady

I had a question for you. I recently did an aphogee treatment. My hair feels stronger but I still see that on some of my hairs, the ends are bent and certain spots in my strands (closer to the ends) seem to look like a frayed rope. Do I need to do a polymetric reconstructor instead to try to "glue" them together? Would this be to much to do so clos together? Was the aphogee treatment the right move to make?

I did the aphogee treatment on the 23rd

Sorry girl! I'm just seeing this. You can always pm me and I'll get it much faster. You read your hair right-- the aphogee was a good move since it strengthened your hair without breakage. But any more protein on top of that before your hair indicates to you that it needs it, may put you into protein overload territory. This may cause unecessary breakage to strands that were otherwise healthy before the double dosing. You don't want that!

I wouldn't do a second protein treamtent after an Aphogee simply to save the frayed ends. Since the hair is dead, it cannot self-repair like skin, and any splitting, fraying of the shaft is a permanent condition that cannot be fixed-fixed with protein or any type of treatments. Now, a protein treatment may help seal those splits/frays back together temporarily, but once you wash your hair that protection is washed down the drain and the hair is vulnerable again. If you really want to rid yourself of the problem, the only lasting solution for that type of hair trauma is to simply snip the damage away. Goodness, I hate saying that. :ohwell:

So basically, you can attempt another light protein treatment, but I do not think this will help you much in the long run. The frayed/split part will still be there just temporarily glued until the next washing or so. And also, there is no guarantee that your frayed ends won't still come out looking the exact same way after another treatment. They may look the exact same, just crispier now because of the extra protein. :lol: So, the treatment may buy you some time, but eventually the hair will succumb at those weak, stress points.

How much hair is affected? Perhaps you can try a search and destroy on those hairs so that you don't lose length? I just don't want you jeaopardizing your other hair to save a few ends that really will only truly benefit from a snipping.

Back