Paging Nay007 - conditioner/shampoo tip is great!

sweetcocoa

I tried the procedure you posted about wetting your hair and applying conditioner to the length then shampooing the scalp(and about 2 inces down)only. My hair loved this! I usually just rinse after I workout cause plain conditioning rinses didn't work for me...After I lathered up I just squeezed the suds through the length before rinsing. /images/graemlins/bath.gif I will do this from now on during the week and then thoroughly shampoo my entire hair on Saturdays. Thanks for the tip! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

i am so glad i found this procedure on this other longhair board. i read about it a looong time ago but i never gave it a try.
it is working very well for my hair too. i think i will only clarify once or twice a month now.

i am glad it works for you, the conditioner washes were not the right thing for me but this seems to be perfect /images/graemlins/clap.gif.

happy hairgrowing, nay.

i tried this tip also, i must say I didn't notice an immediate difference, but after day 2 (when my hair usually looses that "freshly" done shine) its still shiny. I guess this will benefit my overall length in the long run.. and sweetcocoa i did the same thing, i "milked" the suds through my length.
Like both of you, my hair really does not benefit from condit washes, in fact it wages war with my scalp!!!

I just wanted to say, I tried this again last night and my hair feels great again today. I noticed this is making my curls more defined looking also. This is definetly apart of my regime from now on. /images/graemlins/notworthy.gif I used Herbal Essence Conditioner Balm... wetting my hair first then while I showered /images/graemlins/bath.gif I let this set in my hair. When I was ready to shampoo, I combed through with a detangling comb first(is was so soft and tangle free) then shampooed my scalp only and squeezed the suds through the rest of my hair before rinsing. I also notice less hair in the comb. I don't know how all this will work if I wet set(I may get too much of a buildup).

/images/graemlins/bath2.gif I tried this too in the shower. Thanks so much for the tip! I put some pantene conditioner that I found in the closet and shampooed the scalp. What a relief after a workout huh? After that I held my length out from the shower spray and rinsed the scalp to protect the length from the rinsing of the suds, then rinse the rest and applied more conditioner. Wet set came out wonderful. I will do this for now on. /images/graemlins/dance7.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
beana3 said:
i tried this tip also, i must say I didn't notice an immediate difference, but after day 2 (when my hair usually looses that "freshly" done shine) its still shiny. I guess this will benefit my overall length in the long run.. and sweetcocoa i did the same thing, i "milked" the suds through my length.
Like both of you, my hair really does not benefit from condit washes, in fact it wages war with my scalp!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm going to try this on Sunday with my next hair wash. Beana if it works for you it could could quite possibly work for me, seeing as we're hair twins and conditoner only washes do NOTHING for my hair. Wish me luck!

Back