Paging Karonica and all Weave Gurus!!

BlackButterflyz

Don't waste the pretty...
Hey Ya'll

Ok I want to buy a drawstring phony pony, b/c my hair is not really long enough to get a substantial ponytail and I'm looking for different protective styling options, but I've been having some serious issues. For some reason I have the strangest hair color. My hair is naturally VERY black-- like almost jet black. So I go to the BSS looking for a pony and I try a Yaky silky one in color 1B, however this proves to be a little too light for my hair.. then I tried the color #1 and it is too shiny black
ohwell.gif
The # 1 color is too black and is so obvious cuz it is shiny, while my own hair just has sheen (does that make sense?).

My question is (and please forgive me if this is a stupid question)- is there a way to dye a pony??? Does fake hair take to color?? Is there another color that I missed that might work for me?? Is there a way to make synthetic hair not look sooo shiny, or to dull it down a little???
This is the one that they have in my BSS that I was looking to buy Reversable Yaky Pony

I don't want to color my own hair b/c I don't think it's healthy enough yet for that and I've had a bad experience with highlights in the past (still have nightmares about that
look.gif
), Also my hair almost never takes to any rinse (I think it is just too black).

SO is there any hope for me?
frown.gif
Any suggestions are welcomed

You can purchase a pack of wefted human hair (weaving hair) and dye it and then wrap it around your own ponytail. To conceal the wefts, just add a scrunchie or panty hose.
smile.gif

But since you want a drawstring, I dunnnnnnoooooo. I can see this possibly working if you purchase a human hair one, but I've never heard of anyone dyeing synthetic hair. It may work (to dye it a darker color- you definitely cannot dye synthetic hair to a lighter color I think), it may not. There's an experiment for yuh. If you try it, let me know the results.
smile.gif
laugh.gif

The faux ponytail is very shiny so I think that the problem may be w/ the texture. Perhaps if you get a ponytail that is black, but more textured (ie, Knotty) then it will blend better w/ your own hair. I'm not saying that your hair is knotty, but I know for me, I had to get a kinkier ponytail that didn't have that FAKE SHINY look. Like the difference between buying European Straight (very silky) weaving hair and then buying Yaki Straight hair (more of a kink to it and blends better w/ most AA hair).

Thanks for the help ladies...

K - I kinda like the convenience/time saving qualities of the drawstring that's why I was asking about it. I'm still going to try to dye the pony (I'll buy the lighter one and try to dye it darker, I'll use something inexpensive like Bigen maybe) or maybe I'll just buy the weft and try to make my own drawstring
crazy.gif
(i don't know if I got skills like that)

bolly- i think I will try to find something that is a little more kinky..that's what I orginally had in mind but I wanted something that was kinky in texture but not curly, and they don't seem to have those at my BSS

Back