Paging Faith!

hairfanatic

Hey Faith
wave.gif

I was just talking to my husband and mentioned that I wanted braids again and wanted to try to go to a salon and use human hair. He gave me $350.00 to get them done. Well me being the business woman that I am
grin.gif
, I asked him if I do them myself can I keep the change.
wink.gif
He said yes, but I don't know how to secure human hair.
nono.gif
Do you? I tried the synthetic hair and you remember the ordeal I had with that chewing up my hair and me having to cut it.
frown.gif
Boy, do I want to keep that money but if I can't figure out how to secure the human hair and be confident that I won't see it on the ground somewhere, then I will have to go and let the salon do it.

Someone else here mentioned they had human hair and I no longer have the post and with so many people, I'm pulling at straws trying to remember who it was. So if you happen to come in this thread
grin.gif
, please help me out.

Hi girl,

I thought from our chat you were going with the interlocks? Did you change your mind? If you want to try your own braids maybe go to the growlonghair site and order a braid tape. I don't have one I can recommend. I didn't learn from a tape or by watching others I just fold the hair in two, wrap the hair around the base and start braiding and over the years perfected my techinique. How do you secure it now? How do you fold the hair? If the human hair is too expensive and you want to keep some of the money then use toyokalon hair or Afrelle hair... http://www.amekor.com/product.asp?dept_id=10&pf_id=440 Adrienne and I have both used it and we both loved it so give that a try...it's verrrrrrry soft. Check out my October braid pics. When do you plan on braiding?

Hey Faith,

I just came back from getting my hair braided and....I LOVE IT! I will get my husband to take pictures today.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I thought from our chat you were going with the interlocks? Did you change your mind?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to get the interlocks but I wanted to try the human hair braids first since I didn't before. Faith I am sooooooo appreciative of you sharing your knowledge with me.
smile.gif
I'm also glad that I can count on your help when I decide to interlock.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
If you want to try your own braids maybe go to the growlonghair site and order a braid tape.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have Robin's braid tape but it does the synthetic hair and doesn't say how to secure the human hair. I'm sure I could have done it myself but I'm glad that I didn't. It only took those ladies 4 hours to do my hair.
laugh.gif
It would have taken me a lot longer. After watching them, I now know how to secure the braids which is a lot simpler than I thought
smile.gif
It only took them two bags of braids to do my hair and I was still able to save some money.

Although the human hair was $24.00 a bag, I'm definately going to stick with it. My head doesn't feel heavy or anything. It's also going to be the same kind of hair when I interlock. Can you tell, I am really happy with the outcome.
grin.gif

Again, thanks Faith for being a sweetheart through all of my madness.
laugh.gif

Dang girl! You're quick. You got them done already?!
grin.gif
laugh.gif
I'm glad it worked out for you. What type hair did you use? And what size braids? Did you braid all the way to the ends? I can't wait to see pics.

Back