paging carrot oil users....your expertice is neede

FineChyna

i know alot of people on here use carrot oil on a regular basis so here is my question. do you you the "oil" or do you use carrot oil in the form of a cream/pomade product? i know ORS has the oil and some type of pomade or cream that is carrot oil, but what is the review of similar products?

today when i went to the store i saw carrot oil cream. its by a company called hollywood beauty. it appeared to be a decent product when i read the label but since 2day is the 1st day i used it i can't be sure so i was wondering if someone else has tried this product or any other "carrot oil cream. the label caught me cause it acknowledge that "petrolum jelly can clog the hair follicles" and "hair is fragile and should be treated with care"(actually statements on the jar) and that it had "4 vitamins, beta carotene, & 3 essential oils" (also extact statement from the jar). plus the price was rather good a 7.5 oz jar for $4

the ingrediants are:
soybean oil, carrot oil, hydrolyzed keratin protein, vit A, vit C, vit E, beta carotene, vit B, peanut oil, horestail extract,arginine, and i believe the other 8 ingrediants make the item "creamy" and give it its "fragrance" although they could have done better in that department cause the stuff kinda stinks.

thanks for the help/advice

My stylist recommended ORS Carrot Oil (which is a cream) to keep my ends from drying out. I like using it that way. I've also tried it for moisturizing my new growth but the moisture doesn't seem to last as long as the HHB. I haven't used the carrot oil lately but I will use it on my ends sometimes.

does your ORS stimulator have water as a base-what i mean when you put it in your hair it becomes "wet feeling" instead of "greasy"? like when i used HHB i never got a wet feeling juts a greasy feeling.

i'm not sure how this stuff will pan out because in the past when i used a water based product it made my hair very porous/ too soft and seemingly prone to breakage and shedding. but the last time i used a cream was 3 1/2 years ago and i am trying to see now if other factors will prevent the nightmare i had before when using creams or if i should just leave cream alone altogethe

[ QUOTE ]
does your ORS stimulator have water as a base-what i mean when you put it in your hair it becomes "wet feeling" instead of "greasy"? like when i used HHB i never got a wet feeling juts a greasy feeling.

i'm not sure how this stuff will pan out because in the past when i used a water based product it made my hair very porous/ too soft and seemingly prone to breakage and shedding. but the last time i used a cream was 3 1/2 years ago and i am trying to see now if other factors will prevent the nightmare i had before when using creams or if i should just leave cream alone altogethe

[/ QUOTE ]

ORS' Carrot Oil does have a water base. Here are the ingredients: Herbal infusion of purified water, horsetail, stinging nettle,cetearyl alcohol, cholesterol, hydrogenated vegetable oil, peanut oil, carrot extract, Isopropyl palmitate, sorbitol propylparaben, soybean oil, L-cysteine, arginine, vitamin B (panthenol), hydrolyzed keratin, proplyene glycol, DMDM hydantoin, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrant oils

I have used both HB carrot oil and the ORS. I prefer the ORS over the HB tremedously. The HB left my hair filmy feeling, despite the impresive ingredient list. The ORs can become greasy if too much is used. Basically what i'm saying is that my experience with carrot oil creams has been a tightrope b/w weighed down hair and strength over time. I find these are great when used with protective styling; i would not rec that you use them as a moisturizer while weaeing your hair down.

I'm about purchasing my 3rd ORS carrot oil container and it's been smooth sailing all the way. Hopefully, it's price will remain constant because it's a keeper in my regimen.

Re: paging carrot oil users....your expertice is n

I like ORS carrot oil. It really helped rebuild and restore my hair a little while ago after I unknowingly and repeatedly shampooed my hair with heavily chlorinated water. The water wrecked my hair. ORS helped stop the breakage very effectively.

Since then I have tried using ORS on dry hair. But I think that I experience more success using ORS on wet hair after my final rinse, and using it very sparingly. If my hair appears to be in need of strengthening it works well for me to rub in a little ORS and then rub in a moisturizing leave in after.--kc

Re: paging carrot oil users....your expertice is n

I tried ors carrot oil and it did not provide enough moisture for my hair .I like profectiv root health and mega
growth.

Back