Paging brownrelaxedhair!!

Michelle79

Or any other L'anza user!!

I used the Hair Repair samples I got last night & I have some questions.

Should the Protein Plus shampoo be used on a weekly basis? I was thinking about using it every 3 weeks as part of my regime. Also, is it suppose to make your hair feel slightly tangled? I used another shampoo to soften it up a bit.

Is the Hair Repair reconstructor considered a mild or hard protein?

Thanks
wink.gif

Hi!

I've gone periods of time where I use the Protein Plus shampoo with every wash and had no bad effects (I always used the old formula though, not the new one which has SLS ingredient in it).

I've heard the odd person say their hair felt slightly tangled if they used it often but I've also heard the majority not have any problems at all, myself included. Its a case of everyone's different and see which frequency works best for you should you like it enough to want to continue.

I don't know if the reconstructor is mild or not. I'd always assume stronger and not mild as that word reconstructor always make me think that, regardless of the product brand. I'd follow with a moisturizing conditioner or rinse just to be safe it were me.

I've used the old formula 1x/wk for weeks at a time w/o suffering any ill effects. I've never used the other products in the line. I have samples, though. I'll have to find them...

The new formula has sls (or sles) in it. I don't think it's a harmful ingredient, but it's fairly drying for my hair. I avoid it for that reason. I bought two liter sized bottles of the old formula from metrobeauty.com last year. Email them before you order. Someone on this board purchased the old formula from a store recently. I guess it's still out there.

The old formula is still around but you have to look around. I still see it in the odd beauty supply store too but they're not staying around forever e.g. one store I went to has completely removed them and the other was selling some old formula lanza (not the shampoo) for half off to get rid of it so it is going.

SLES/SLS is a cleansing ingredient that can be a bit drying on hair so I avoid it.

I found the old formula of Lanza shampoo at a hair salon and they mailed it me.
I bought two large bottles of shampoo and the reconstructor.
I use the reconstructor every two to three weeks and use the
shampoo for three washes and switch to a moisturizing shampoo for the fourth wash.

I too have used this weekly (the old formula) and have not suffered any negative effects. I love this shampoo!

Back