Paging Armyqt

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Hey Armyqt!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

A while back you posted about trying to wait longer for your next touch-up. I was just wondering how the curl activator was working for you and if you got your relaxer touch-up yet?

Hey Pooh. To give you an update, No, I have not gotten the relaxer yet. I will in another 2 weeks. All the great advice I received from that thread has been most beneficial to me. The curl activator is my saving grace. I don't style my hair at all. I wear a bun everyday. I wash my hair 2x per week and deep condition. I spray the curl activator every morning and night. I actually put the activator on the new growth as well as through to the ends. Once I do that I spray on a little Fantasia IC hair strengthener treatment and follow with the profective megagrowth. That has been my routine and I'm only experiencing normal shedding after shampooing and combout.

I've been washing my hair with creme of nature (very good) and deep conditioning with ORS Hair mayo and Elucence MB cond. As a leave in I'm using Fantasia IC Moisturizer w/Aloe (this really assists with the combout) .This routine has worked very well for me. Thanks for asking. BTW, your hair looks great! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for the update Armyqt. I'm so glad your routine is working. I'm up to week six post-relaxer and I'm debating whether or not I want to try the curl activator method or not. I bet that activator really smooths out the newgrowth. I've got to try it sometime and see how it works for me! /images/graemlins/blush.gif Thanks for the hair compliment.

pooh, buttng in, but... dang your hair looks great!!!!! very thick and uniform at the ends. are u natural??? if so would you mind posting about your hair journey (what made you go natural?.. damage problems and all that, when u started, how u grew your hair out, how long it took) thanx ahead of time. your hair is absolutely gorgeous

Armyqt,

Just wanted to bust in here and let you know that I just saw your updated pictures. Your hair is looking right girl!! Nice work! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

AAAAW, how nice of you. I owe it all to this board and the great info here. Thanks for the compliment Pebbles! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi beana! Thanks for the compliment girlie! Your sweet! You got me cheesing over here. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm a relaxed head. Funny you should mention it though because lately I've been thinking about going natural since my relaxed head is so sensitive to chemicals and I burn easily.

The best thing that I did for my hair was to stop getting it permed every 4 weeks and waiting 8 weeks instead. This has been a difficult year for me. I had some damage in the back of my head from a beautician at JcPenney in December of last year who overprocessed my hair in the back. /images/graemlins/mad.gif It was so damaged that there was an obvious 6-7 inch gap between the hair at the crown of my head and the hair in the bottom layer in the back. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Starting in January I begin gradually getting 2 inches cut every relaxer (Feb, April, July) until all the damage was finally cut off and my hair was even. My goal was to stay at shoulder length while I achieved this. My goal is to acquire another 3-4 inches. I've got some new pictures to post from my last touch-up in October but I haven't gotten them developed yet. Hopefully I will get them in there soon!

Back