Paging all Natural Heads

msladymam

I've got a question concerning chlorine. I'll be taking water aerobics soon and wondered what is a good shampoo to use after being in the pool. Right now I'm a "no poo" person; but when I have used shampoo (Creme of Nature) my hair seems wiry and stiff, for lack of a better explanation. Do I need to use shampoo after being in chlorine, or can I just conditioner wash? If I need to shampoo, what brands do you recommend. TIA.

When I swam a lot, I would rinse with conditioner before getting in the pool. I carried the conditioner with me if I felt the need to apply more during my swim. Afterwards, I shampooed with Nexxus Aloe Rid Clarifying then deep conditioned.

HTH!

You definitley need to at least rinse if you don't want to shampoo. I have very chlorinated water(it was 'killing' my hair)and since I started rinsing with distilled water, I've notice an improvement. I also sometime add bottled lemon juice to my final rinse.

Thanks, SVT and Sweetcocoa. Distilled water is on my list of things to get (always forget to pick it up when I'm in the store /images/graemlins/frown.gif). Since I clarify with Tea Tree shampoo once a month, I may use a little after each class.

When I got my haircut in May it was 2-3 inches. So when I went swimming I would just swim, and then wash my hair with Ion based chlorine shampoo, and use Aphogee 2 minute intensive treatment conditioner on my hair. After I rinsed that out, I would apply a little bit of Sauve Coconut Conditioner as a leave in and that's it. I used shampoo, because I hate the smell of chlorine in my hair, and I found that when I did the no poo the smell didn't really go away.

Hi Msladymam,

I used to rinse in the shower and then use Apple Cider Vinegar and rinse again. I personally would shampoo but maybe you just need to use a clarifying shampoo, then go back to using Cream of Nature. Maybe there is a buildup on your hair.

Back