Paging all Affirm users

ElizaBlue

I just received my order of Affirm resistant relaxer. My hair is 4b but sort of wavy. This may not make sense but my hair is very very coarse, my hair strands are probably the diameter of wire. However, my new growth is not tightly coiled. The best way to describe it is when flat ironed it looks like wig hair. Anyway, what I'm wondering is if maybe the resistant formula may be too strong? Should I go for a milder strength and leave on longer or go with the stronger strength and take it off sooner. I self relax and really only leave it on long enough to relax the wave, never bone straight.

which strength have u used in the past? did that not work for u? I say if its not broke, why fit it? Super may break your hair off if its too strong and u have never used it before. be careful!

Eliza--who did you order it from? thx!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
deborah11 said:
which strength have u used in the past? did that not work for u? I say if its not broke, why fit it? Super may break your hair off if its too strong and u have never used it before. be careful!

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA, if you hair normally withstands super/resistant strength, then I think you should be fine. Just make sure you watch your time carefully, especially since it's the resistant formula.

Thanks KT. I think I ordered the resistant before, because I seem to remember the regular was more like a texturizer and seems like I attributed my snagging to it not being straight enough.

Back