PAGING AliMarie AliMarie AliMarie

BlkMane

Hi! I noticed your description of your hair in a post to Nay007 and was wondering if we might be hair twins.

Do you have any photos? What products do you use on your hair?

hello my Hair Twin!

I am working on pictures - yours look great! Your head doesn't look as big as mine (lol - you lucky girl). I am trying to reach your length.

what is your hair regimen? are you relaxed? do you mostly do your hair yourself? I have been a hair salon junkie for so many years. I really depended on my stylist to take care of my hair and neglected it at home - much of that is because I thought my natural hair needed less work & like I said, that curly wild mane of hair is just insane!

I currently use Aveda's Brilliant Shampoo & Conditioner - it's for "textured & chemically treated hair". Yes, their line is expensive, but my hair really likes their products.
Every other week I wash with Cremem of Nature and deep condiiton with ORS Hair Mayo. My hair also loves the Mayo. Once a week I do a hot oil treatment, WGO on ends every night, scalp 2x a week. I've been doing this about a month & i came up with this routine from reading all of the great posts. My head seems happy!

As I type I have my hair in braids, letting it dry and trying to see if I can master the "braid out". I tried the roller set last week.... um, let's just say I need to work on that A LOT... but the hair divas here gave me plenty of tips so I'll try again this weekend.
how do you style your hair? how often do you go to a salon? I saw that you use Domincan products - do you go to a Domincan salon?
lemme know,

AliMarie

"hi I'm AliMarie and I am a product junkie" (the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem)

Hey, AliMarie. Thanks for replying.

My hair regimen is posted under November-Featured Person on the home page of this site.

Yes, I mostly do my hair myself. Never been much of a salon person...only go for relaxers, color, major cuts, major trims. I go to Dominican salons now for my relaxer.

I'm dying to try the ORS mayo, but can only purchase it after my Queen Helene Cholesterol is finished. I've used Cream of Nature in the past when natural, but it made my hair TOO soft. And it seemed that I would lose a lot of hair from the root when using it. Weird, but true.

I love Wildgrowth Oil, too. I used it all the time when natural. On wet hair, then left to dry, it made hot curling my hair straight a breeze. I need to get some cause I ran out of it.

Regarding the braid-out: my hair looked MUCH better with its natural curls as opposed to the braid-out. Braid-outs gave my hair weird, unnatural-looking curls. Two-strand twists (like cornrows, but using only two strands for each braid as opposed to three) looked great though!

I used to like ISO Bouncy Cream, Rusk Wired (good, but drying), and SS Loosely Defined for when I wore my hair curly. Have you tried Black & Sassy Creamy Set? That might work for you too.

Back