pagine ebony

deborah11

ebony,

i noticed in your post that you went about 5 months without a relaxer. how did u do this. did u wear a weave , braid, wear hair up in protective style, etc. i am asking because i am trying to go without a relaxer for at least 6-8 months to give my hair a chance to heal. thanks for your response. deborah

/images/graemlins/laugh.gifHi. Yes, sometimes going that long without a perm (5.5 months)i most of the time start off with a weave, but not always. it's easier after a weave, though. with tons of new growth, i feel as if i am transitioning. rollersets actually used to help me go for so long, but i was really lazy with doing them myself and going to get them done last year.
yes, i did wear a weave from mid august to a few days before Christmas. i usually get it in either june or july every year, but i didn't go on vacation until mid august for two weeks and wanted my weave to be "just done". i love it. i agree that a weave stresses your hair, as any style with added hair does, but not as much as other things would in my case. also, the length and/or weight of any added hair is the real stress culprit.
because i get a retouch every 4 months, i've been using scurl for years to help my curls last and stay "defined" for wash n go's. i sometimes get my sister to do the two french braids look and wear that. i do wear a bun often whereas i pull the back of my hair up with a clip, then pull the front end back loosely to meet it and wrap my hair around itself either on top of my head or the back depending where i want the bun...i might also part my head and then make the bun for a slight difference. i wear two knot buns on either side of my head with part in the middle as well.
other protective styles i want to try:
i am presently seeking a drawstring ponytail for an added protective style to try and i'm thinking about a braided style. box braids in the front of my hair would be too heavy, so i'd have to have some type of cornrows in the very front and i can do whatever in the back. i want braids that would give me a nice exotic look, not a "hoochie" look. all the braid pics i've seen on this board look nice and really fit the ladies sporting them.

i have always used scurl with all of my styles for moisture. sometimes alone and sometimes with other added products.

i just got some server space /images/graemlins/grin.gif and i am going to post alot of pics of these styles and others along with the products i use and maybe a mini hair bio.

/images/graemlins/grin.giffeel free if you have any other questions or catch me on aim.

Back