Ow, I can't take my scalp anymore!

WomanlyCharm

My scalp is hurting, it's actually painful to the touch! :cry3:

It feels like this: :hammer: But only in the top of my head.
It's never felt like this before...I mean I've heard of people's heads being tender but this is beyond anything I've experienced.

I haven't put anything new on it, or done anything out of the ordinary.

Someone please tell me this is part of the growing process, because that's the only way I can deal with this!

I have heard/read that some people's scalps get sore when their hair is going through a growth spurt. I had a bout with major tenderness myself last year with a spot in the very top of my head. What helped was daily scalp massages with a little oil. I used jojoba. It went away after a week or so. Maybe that will help the tenderness. If it doesn't go away, you might need to seek the help of a professional...

Do you have a lot of new growth? I had that happen to me (not to the same degree as yours appears to be though) right before my last relaxer. I had a lot of new growth and it was quite bothersome to manipulate my hair a lot without some discomfort.

What are you using? Are you using MTG? A lot of the ladies here experience tender scalp when using this.

I don't have any real new growth, I just got a relaxer about 3 weeks ago. And haven't used MTG for at least a couple of weeks...that's why I was like, what's going on here? :confused:

This better be a growth spurt, or else!! :lol:

BTW, dlewis - all I can say is WOW. What gorgeous hair.

You know I'mma stalk your fotki, right? lol!

I was gonna post something like this the other day, but decided not to since I don't get many responses to my post, but anyway, my scalp at the top has been sooo tender lately. I thought it was because I don't comb that often like I use to, and when I do I normally finger comb except when detangling on shampoo day. I think my scalp is not use to all the maniputation anymore, and since the NG I do have is a bit much right now I think that added to the stress to my scalp. I actually did a condition rinse on the left side of my hair yesterday just so I can manage to get through w/finishing braiding it up.

This NG is something serious and I will be leaving these cornrows in for a month (atleast I'm gonna try) and will be pooing and conditioning with them in until t-up day. Now I sprayed my scalp and braids w/Energizer Hair Follicle Stimulator last night and the Jojoba oil that's in it softened the NG and soothed my scalp, so I'll be doing that 2x's a day, and putting mango butter on my ends to keep it moist and soft.

I'm glad it's not just me.

My scalp is sometimes tender too, especially if I have not had it washed or relaxed. Usually after a wash, I'm fine. I thought it might be from new growth too.

WomanlyCharm said:
My scalp is hurting, it's actually painful to the touch! :cry3:

It feels like this: :hammer: But only in the top of my head.
It's never felt like this before...I mean I've heard of people's heads being tender but this is beyond anything I've experienced.

I haven't put anything new on it, or done anything out of the ordinary.

Someone please tell me this is part of the growing process, because that's the only way I can deal with this!

Uh oh, sounds like them follicles are working overtime. To me it sounds like it growing and it going through a very active stage!:D

There are a few sections of my scalp that are doing this. I thought it was because of the flexi-rod set I did but that was like two weeks ago. Also, when I brush the front of my hair my scalp gets irritated and starts to itch. Annoying. LOL

I have this happen off and on over the course of the year (every year!!!). It drives me bananas. I didn't think that grown folks could still be tenderheaded but we can!

I think it comes from stretchin out relaxer for a certain amount of time,the reason i said tha becuse i never stretched my reaxer pass 2 months. this time i hold out for 3 months/ half,I never experience any kinda breakage cant say tha for my scalp it were so sore feels like somebody was stickin my scalp with something sharp.So after i went head on did my retouch the problem gone .

I'be been having this problem recently. I put my hair in cornorws, and after two weeks I had to take them out. My scalp was soooo sore and I did them lose, like I always do. Perhaps I'm tender headed now.

Back