Overwhelmed

Zeal

You all know my plight! I have to keep it real. I have been unemployed for 2 years and now I am done. I have searched high and low for a job and have found nothing. You know why? Everyone tells me well... we want someone with more recent experience. How can I get experience it no one will hire me.

I am trying my best to live the life that Christ wants me to live.:nono::nono::nono: I just finished crying like a baby. I called unemployment and was told that i was done and to apply for welfare. THey said the bill did not apply to me.

My money in the bank is not even enough to pay my rent. I am so sick of people complaining about their jobs. They should be greatful. I get tired of people complaining to me about their problems and assuming things about me. They have no idea what issues I have besides unemployment because I don't always share what I feel. Unemployment is not my only concern. I am concerned with my health also.

I don't like my mistakes constantly being thrown in my face. That makes me clam up and not share things. I'm just saying.

Please keep me in prayer. I am going through a lot. I am so trying to be in God's will. God knows that I am his daughter. I just have no idea what he is doing.

It is very upsetting.

My eyes are like golf balls right now.

I have a lot going on.

Zeal,

You're in my prayers. I've been looking for a job for 2 years now as well. I'm blessed to be doing temp work that sustains me but there are months where I had almost no money in the bank. I am also working on my health with insurance that sucks.

Other than prayer is there anything we can do to help? Do you want a care package? :)

I'll probably sign up to get food from the food bank at church. Thanks for asking. What type of temp work are you doing. It seem like I can't even get temp work. SMH. Calling around now.

I'm a lawyer so I'm doing legal temp work and opening my own law firm.

What field are you in? Have you tried looking for positions at the mall(just to get a little money in your pocket) ? Or Costco/sams club or Ups/ fedex?

When I was unemployed, temporary jobs would help me out every now and then. If all else fails, you may want to apply for a job that isn't great pay, such as retail companies (Kroger, Walgreens, etc.).

Praying for you as well......Psalm 37:4 God has bigger plans for you just be patient and keep the faith....trust me I know...I remember one yr I was scraping money just to feed myself....but I poured my heart out to God and said God helps those who help themselves and put God in my mind and heart before I applied for anything....a mth later I was able to get 2 part-time jobs and food stamps!! Dont give up...the Devil is trying to to get you to lose hope but we're praying for you as a fellow LHCFer and as a Sister in Christ...hugs and kisses.

awwww, so sorry for what you're going through zeal
The devil is a liar, big liar...I know 2 years are long when you're struggling but as Stephluv said God has bigger plans for you, for sure. you won't be left behind. try those temp jobs (if not yet) and put , abandon every single thing, action TOTALLY in Jesus's hands and let Him guide you. Even if it's hard,praise Him because there is definetely something to learn and benefit from all this rough times of yours.

Those who yadda yaddda about you and whatsoever....Let them handle their nasty and useless assumptions. Sorry for your health problems also. Are you on med or need some support for an illness?

Sending you a huge "e-hug"

I'm a lawyer so I'm doing legal temp work and opening my own law firm.

What field are you in? Have you tried looking for positions at the mall(just to get a little money in your pocket) ? Or Costco/sams club or Ups/ fedex?

None of these are an option in my area. I have tried and have been denied.

I know it's frustrating and you get downright angry. Which is why you were crying and at times like this it's like everything someone says you can combat with "don't you think I tried that already" and by no means are being rude or anything. It's just you expressing your emotion at that time. So I'm not going to make any suggestions esp since I don't know your full circumstance, just keep telling God how you feel and don't be upset about that.

I just remember the promise He gave me when I was going through so much and it's for everyone: Isaiah 43: 18-19. May not seem like He's doing a new thing since it's been a two year rut and it doesn't seem like a positive new thing, but He's working. *hugs*

18 “Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
19 See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
and streams in the wasteland

I know just how u r feeling, but more importantly God knows. And I only have this song for you, because I know how it touched me in a very very dark , very long storm. Be encouraged and hold on :bighug: I am not at all saying here that will be easy.

YouTube - James Fortune & Fiya 'I Trust You'

please just listen , let your tears/pain out before God and keep praying. Keep praying

I know it's frustrating and you get downright angry. Which is why you were crying and at times like this it's like everything someone says you can combat with "don't you think I tried that already" and by no means are being rude or anything. It's just you expressing your emotion at that time. So I'm not going to make any suggestions esp since I don't know your full circumstance, just keep telling God how you feel and don't be upset about that.

I just remember the promise He gave me when I was going through so much and it's for everyone: Isaiah 43: 18-19. May not seem like He's doing a new thing since it's been a two year rut and it doesn't seem like a positive new thing, but He's working. *hugs*

:lachen::lachen::lachen: Thank you! It seems like out local gospel station was playing all the songs that I needed to hear last night. I'm kinda Kewl.

Zeal, can you go back home and live with your parents or a cousin or someone? I think you need help from your family during this hard time.

That would be a negative. There is not room for me in the Inn. I stay there on the weekends. However, there is literally no room for me there. Beside's it would be bad for my walk with Christ (NERVES):lachen::lachen:

I know just how u r feeling, but more importantly God knows. And I only have this song for you, because I know how it touched me in a very very dark , very long storm. Be encouraged and hold on :bighug: I am not at all saying here that will be easy.

YouTube - James Fortune & Fiya 'I Trust You'

please just listen , let your tears/pain out before God and keep praying. Keep praying

Thank you! I kow tht song all too well. I was just telling my S.I.C. that I don't want a James Fortune experience.:lachen::lachen:

I kow that it Ain't over until god says it's over.

Not only do I Trust. I believe it's already done.

YouTube - "I Believe" by James Fortune & FIYA feat Shawn McLemore and Zacardi Cortez (Official Video)

Ok! Ladies I was referred for a job via a very good friend. I sent my resume in on Tuesday.

I have an interview next Tuesday. It's a part time job but it's better than nothing.

Back