Overprocessed Hair - Can it B Saved/Healed

I'm sorry, but IMHO no. :( If you keep it reinforced with protein you might be able to hang onto some of it. :confused:

I would suggest first using a heavy protien like Aphogee or Dudley's DRC 28 to get your hair stronger. Immediatley after protein treatment, follow up with a nice moisturizing one Aveda Damage Remedey. Each week, I suggest deep conditioning with a good thick moisturizer for 30-40 min w/ heat for eight weeks (ADR is great). Between week 6 - 8 use the protein treatment again. I am sure the ladies will suggest other good moisturizing / protein conditioners. I have listed my favorites! Good Luck!

In the long run with consistent deep conditioning and minimizing manipulate damage and other damage from things like coloring, you can help save it to an extent. I suffered from overprocessing for a long time and in the long run, I had to cut most of it off. I would suggest a heavy protein treatment now and weekly deep conditioning treatments from here on out. Focus on minimizing the risk of overprocessing. Don't relax too frequently, wash and condition every week, don't use a relaxer thats too strong, base your scalp and protect the previously relaxed hair and only apply to the newgrowth.

imo,
depends on how badly it's overprocessed...but for my hair in particular, the answer is NO...i've done protein treatments and deep condition...i just that think that there's too great of a difference between the two textures (processed hair and new growth) for me to save it...

Back